Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Off to the USA!!

Hi everyone! Tomorrow AM hubby and I are heading out to drive down to Fort Wayne, Indiana (We live in Ontario) We have been there several times as hubby has business that takes him there. I have had a really rough couple weeks....forgot to take my diabetes meds and my EFFEXOR and had a really hard go of it emotionally as a result all day yesterday. Work is just awful...I swear I have the boss from **** and for health reasons should quit...NOW....but I will be taking the time on this trip(we come back Sunday) to sort of make it a spiritual retreat. I will do nothing but relax, read, shop and swim.....maybe make the decision of whether my job is more important than my health. My boss called us a bunch of imbosils on Saturday. He likes to ask us if we are stupid or something. We all try really hard but he is never happy. He always sees what needs to be done....he rarely notices what has been done!! I work in a thrift store so there really is no routine. You never know what you will be dealing day to day. Here we are famous for garage sales. When a garage sale is over people tend to bring all of their leftovers to us.....lineups of cars waiting to donate their things and only 2 people working ...It is a pretty big store. We do all the receiving, sorting and pricing of everything but the clothes. We have alot to handle in a day, everyday and get paid minimum wage for it. I do not mind working hard for the money....I need to decide if any amount of money is really worth being treated so badly.... Sorry all for rambling...I know things could be alot worse. I do try to think of all the things I have to be grateful for....there is so much, including my sobriety.....sober 7 years on July 30, 2007!!!! Take care all...will report back after we get back on Sunday!!

LOVE DORRIE!!

Last edited by dorrie; 07-10-2007 at 10:38 PM.
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-10-2007, 10:42 PM #2
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrie View Post
Hi everyone! Tomorrow AM hubby and I are heading out to drive down to Fort Wayne, Indiana (We live in Ontario) We have been there several times as hubby has business that takes him there. I have had a really rough couple weeks....forgot to take my diabetes meds and my EFFEXOR and had a really hard go of it emotionally as a result all day yesterday. Work is just awful...I swear I have the boss from **** and for health reasons should quit...NOW....but I will be taking the time on this trip(we come back Sunday) to sort of make it a spiritual retreat. I will do nothing but relax, read, shop and swim.....maybe make the decision of whether my job is more important than my health. My boss called us a bunch of imbosils on Saturday. He likes to ask us if we are stupid or something. We all try really hard but he is never happy. He always sees what needs to be done....he rarely notices what has been done!! I work in a thrift store so there really is no routine. You never know what you will be dealing day to day. Here we are famous for garage sales. When a garage sale is over people tend to bring all of their leftovers to us.....lineups of cars waiting to donate their things and only 2 people working ...It is a pretty big store. We do all the receiving, sorting and pricing of everything but the clothes. We have alot to handle in a day, everyday and get paid minimum wage for it. I do not mind working hard for the money....I need to decide if any amount of money is really worth being treated so badly.... Sorry all for rambling...I know things could be alot worse. I do try to think of all the things I have to be grateful for....there is so much, including my sobriety.....sober 7 years on July 30, 2007!!!! Take care all...will report back after we get back on Sunday!!
Enjoy your trip and your much needed time away from your boss! Sounds like you need it! Maybe he will appreciate you while you are gone!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 AM #3
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

hope you have a great trip, dorrie

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 AM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dorrie: First of all, CONGRATS on your 7 yr anniversary of the NEW you... That is something to be very proud of....

Sounds like you will have a relaxing trip, just what the Dr. ordered. I left the employments field last Fall due to health reasons. I was working PT at a job that I loved, but it was just too much for me.

I procratinated about it for months, and then a friend told me to weigh the pros and cons of my job.... I quit and have never looked back.

I know every situation is different, but try and put yourself and your health first... I know my decision was the best one for me..

(side note) I didn't know at the time I quit that my Mother would become ill this yr and pass away, so I had so much more memorable time to spend w/her. My decision was meant to be... I do commend you for working so hard at the Thrift Store so that others can benefit..... hugz

Have a restful and stressfree vacation and take care.....

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
Dorrie: First of all, CONGRATS on your 7 yr anniversary of the NEW you... That is something to be very proud of....

Sounds like you will have a relaxing trip, just what the Dr. ordered. I left the employments field last Fall due to health reasons. I was working PT at a job that I loved, but it was just too much for me.

I procratinated about it for months, and then a friend told me to weigh the pros and cons of my job.... I quit and have never looked back.

I know every situation is different, but try and put yourself and your health first... I know my decision was the best one for me..

(side note) I didn't know at the time I quit that my Mother would become ill this yr and pass away, so I had so much more memorable time to spend w/her. My decision was meant to be... I do commend you for working so hard at the Thrift Store so that others can benefit..... hugz

Have a restful and stressfree vacation and take care.....
Thank you so much, Daisymay!! 7 years have went by so quickly and life sober has been wonderful. I am here in Indiana and I am loving every minute of it! I just had to reply to you as I really appreciated your post! Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote