Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steffi

I know your are situated more south than Yorkshire but when I heard of fresh floods in Yorkshire I thought of you.Hope you are still drying out rather than having a fresh dose.
For those of you living in other countries I can tell you this has been a terrible summer here in England..My neighbour who is 93 cannot remember a worse one:wet and cold. For once the British have an excuse to greet each other with a comment on the weather.
EnglishCountryDancer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bless you...

...for enquiring ECD. Thank you. And I loved your comment on greeting each other about the weather.Yep,for sure the UK summer appears to have bypassed us and I have read there is more rain expected with flood warnings to my area yet again.Well,all I can say is this.."Bring it on" cos there aint much furniture left in my home to ruin at the minute...lol
On Wednesday the restorers called for the antiques in the hope of saving them with some expert care,and wanted to take my old pine kitchen table,Well I clung on to it cos it`s the only method I have of eating a meal...pd knees don`t provide much of a stable surface for a plate do they?
My aga [cooking range for those who think it`s a tardis] is busted but I am managing with a borrowed grill,slow cooker and steamer. Boy are we eating healthy. !!!
The two log fires are providing warmth and a comforting glow,whilst two garden chairs are our only means of comfort,apart from the beds of course.
I tthought I was lucky having York handmade tiles laid in the kitchen and hall.However,the moisture content reading threatens seeing those being taken up too which will really freak me.Not the cost...just the mess and that will force me to move out which I am trying to avoid.I can cope with the rest but walking on rubble doesn`t bode well does it?
My sadness at the minute is that tomorrow we should have been hosting a barbeque for my brother and sisters biirthday.We are fortunate to have a huge garden so all the family congregate here and I love it.And since feeling a little better from my bout of pleurisy I have worked hard at restoring what I can in the garden to still go ahead...but...it sure looks dodgy now so today will be sad as I stare at the downpour which threatens.
I hope you are safe where you are.I truly do.
Thanks again for asking.So appreciate your thoughts.
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:56 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yep, its our turn now ...

in the sunny vale of Evesham.

We have had rescue helicopters over our house all night, my wife is cut off in Worcester and sharing a hotel room and my eldest is stranded at her boyfriend's house (hmmm she didn't seem too worried !!).

Evesham looks like a war zone and my house has now been cut off as well.

Still, at least we haven't flooded.

God, what a summer !!

Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:44 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Glad

Glad you are still o.K.We are on top of a hill so O.K My son has a stream at the bottom of his garden so we have our fingers crossed every time there is a cloud burst.At least he is able bodied and a senior member of the Rescue Services!!!!!
EnglishCountryDancer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote