Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just a little up date on me.

Back in April I went in to have both great nails removed. Well Never less things from that moment on have been a fight. I end-up with a Drug-Resistant Staph Infection In both feet, which even after bring it to the doctors attention went unattended. Just as I thought thing couldn't get any worse they did. With in a few days the infection spread threw the blood attacking my lungs and throat . , The foot doctor released me after throwing his hands in the air. Not knowing what other to do. In 3 hours I had 487 gut curling shocking feeling going threw my feet, along with a steady brun. which felt like some one had lite my feet and legs on firer. I was rushed to the hospital at 7 am after being up for over 24 hours screaming in pain. I couldn't walk at all.
According to the ER doctor the infection was heading for the brain. I was onesick pup at this point, and in fight with this bacteria which wouldn't respond to any efforts of medical treatment.Also never damage from the surgery, which they called Neuropathy, and complication things further diabetes's 2 in which wasn't being treated. If that wasn't enough to gasp on then showing signs of Lyme's infection is active once more. The infection got so bad that both toe's started turning purple, and then got deeper in color head into the color of black right above both wounds. With in hours was spreading into the foot.They was looking a amputation of both toe's and possible of half of both feet depending on results of further testing..The doctor looked at my children siting there and made the decision to try one more antibiotic. They start the IV. Then sent me over to A Wound Center.

After 3 weeks of enduring Painful treatments on top of all the others I had already been put threw, I'm showing signs of improvement. I had a bone scan today which at last looks as if the infection is finally gone. I'm growing skin over the wounds........yaaaaaaaaaaa
But I'm still not out of the woods yet on this , cause now i still need to the vines checked for clots in both feet. They ran one test already measuring the pressure,which showed signs of lack of blood flow. And Now my diabetes is being followed up on as well. Yes I've been good... test, test watching what i eat. Also I am being followed up by a Neroligest in the last 3 weeks as well. Which he will be looking into the Lyme Issues, NOW that i am antibiotic free.
I'm also awaiting approval for a scooter to help me get around, since my armers are giving out in the manual wheel chair.. I think getting around alone in it's self, will be a culture shock. It's been so long since I've been able to enjoy a day at the park with my kids.
My future is starting to look a little brighter. I hope before long to be back at working on a pet project. A book about Lyme Disease from people that lives with it. So thats where I'm at.
Oh... PS
When packing that bag for the a day outing, Don't forget to protect your self ageist Lyme Disease.

Fighting to get threw a day, Fighting for a cure.
BlackRoze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM #2
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Roze

you sure have been through such a lot with your health.

I do hope you will do that book on Lyme...it is MUCH needed.

So glad things look a bit brighter and hope you get the scooter

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Wow Roze! You have been through a lot. Good luck on that book!

Taffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 PM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

What an ordeal Roze. I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend. Bless your heart.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

My gosh, Roze!

Wow!!!!!

My gosh.

(I'm sometimes a bit repetitive.)

Infections are the worst, and hospitals are so lax not only in causing them, but in taking appropriate steps to stop them.

I'm so sorry you had such a horrifying experience.

(((((((((Roze))))))))))

I'm really glad things are looking up.

In a somewhat similar experience, I couldn't get the ER docs to look at the place in my toe where a darning needle had broken off and I hadn't found the piece for days. I'd taken out the piece... but there were reddish lines under my toe nail.

Only the doctors were just TOO GOOD to go near my foot when it wasn't swollen and I didn't have an infection.

So that's how I was able to have tetanus so bad.

But, I did learn that vitamin C is very powerful... there were studies in Bangladesh that showed that people who had vitamin C did not die of tetanus.

Otherwise about 40 to 60 percent of people who get it die....

This is the link to my tetanus page:
http://www.health-boundaries-bite.co...d-Tetanus.html