Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Denver is beautiful

I love Denver! What a beautiful city and the weather was nice as well, no humidity. I sat in the shade with a 98 temp and it was comfortable. People were very friendly, genuine, and I'd go back in a milisecond.

Interesting enough, I do know now what is going on and it's a relief to know but at the same time it's quite depressing that I had to go through all this trouble.

I still felt like I was crazy Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday I got the TOS weight off my shoulders. Still waiting for results of the cat scan~computer glich~but I do know I have extra muscles, scalene minimus.
withmore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Mile-High City

thanks for letting us know you're in the promised land...

i loved my experience in denver, too. and friendly people? boy, howdy! - just don't try to take anyone's parking spot if you go downtown, though, because that IS where that friendly thang seems to come to a rather screeching halt--

realizing you're still waiting for reports to come in and have barely had time to absorb the info yourself, but we'd love to hear more when you're ready to tell us about what they have found in your case in terms of the TOS, and where do you go from here, etc.

and of course, which of the terrible trio you're seeing while there!

i know there is some professional disagreement among the experts about the stats in the general population as to that pesky extra scalene muscle. i've heard ranges anywhere from 33.3% to 99.9% cited from the lips of top TOS docs who are in a position, presumably, to know these things (well, one would hope, anyhow, right?--).

dr. annest told me that he had fully expected to find a scalenus minimus in me when he performed my rib resection in 2005; however, to his great surprise he found none. very hypertrophied anterior and middle scalenes and tough cervical bands putting a very "unusual" dent in my lower plexus, but no extra scalene.

nevertheless, dr. ahn back here in los angeles remains convinced that i DO have an additional scalene muscle in there. to his way of thinking, almost EVERY human on the planet is walking around with this artifact muscle...

it's only in TOS'ers that it causes terrible trouble-- and if i do go forward with more surgery i don't suppose it much matters now, because whoever performs the re-do will go back in and yank the whole scalene shebang O.U.T. over and done. buh bye!

don't want to assume anything but i take it this has been identified as the source of compression in your BP? if so, then i guess it's sort of like finding a capital loss at taxtime. you're not supposed to be happy about it, but you ARE.

so sorry about the dance you've had to do to get to knowledgeable TOS docs and many if not all of us here relate to what you are saying there.

thanks again for posting. now i'm homesick for denver; think i'm right behind you!!!
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

I live in Co. and I must say Denver is beautiful. I have been there many times for Drs. appointments.

As far as the humidity. I live about 150 miles from Denver and we have had more humidity this year then I have seen in my 35 years here. Even the weathermen are baffled about it.

I have to go to Denver on the 4th to pick up my sister that is flying in from Ky. We will spend one night up there and one day to go sightseeing.

Denver has some beautiful things to see. There is a Meusem that is just to die for up there. It take so long to get through it that they have put a resturant in it. They offer special sites at certain times. Last week was some of the Titanic remenents that were brought in to see.

They also have a great resturant called Casa Bonita. Also 6 flags.

Any of you that get to Denver and feel like doing some sightseeing, there is some great places around there to see.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote