Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 10:47 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default on going leg cramp

my right leg only started to feel stiff or cramped on back around knee about last october and on and off it was worse or better

i thought i had deep vein thrombosis

doctor said no

doctor said maybe do a leg stretch like runners do and maybe go to psychical therapist

more money for them

then i get an email fro m newsmax a website i dont even like too much maybe half the time i do and dr blaylock sent one from tehre or they talked about his stuff
blaylock said i need magiusuim
i had some Magnesium oxide pills and took one within minutes or hours most the pain was gone

Last edited by clouds z; 07-27-2007 at 11:18 AM.
clouds z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default rls?

magnesium compounds

* Magnesium's hydroxide is used in milk of magnesia, its chloride and citrate used as oral magnesium supplements, and its sulfate (Epsom salts) for various purposes in medicine, and elsewhere.
* Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is used to treat aches and sore throats.
* Dead-burned magnesite is used for refractory purposes such as brick and liners in furnaces and converters.
* Magnesium carbonate (MgCO3) powder is also used by athletes, such as gymnasts and weightlifters, to improve the grip on objects – the apparatus or lifting bar.
* Magnesium stearate is a slightly flammable white powder with lubricative properties. In pharmaceutical technology it is used in the manufacturing of tablets, to prevent the tablets from sticking to the equipment during the tablet compression process (i.e., when the tablet's substance is pressed into tablet form).
* Magnesium borate, magnesium salicylate and magnesium sulfate are used as antiseptics to kill germs.
* Magnesium bromide is used as a mild sedative.
* Magnesium in the forms of magnesium oxide and magnesium gluconate are used in dietary supplement tablets. These have been shown to be an effective therapy for some individuals who suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS).
* Magnesium sulfite is used in the manufacture of paper.
* Magnesium phosphate is used to fireproof wood for construction.
* Magnesium hexafluorosilicate is used in mothproofing of textiles.
* The magnesium ion is necessary for all life (see magnesium in biological systems), so magnesium salts are an additive for foods, fertilizers (Mg is a component of chlorophyll), and culture media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesi...sium_compounds
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi clouds,
You might find a combination of calcium and magnesium helps.
I know that Bonnie Grimaldi, who has done some research into magnesium supplementation and tics for example, suggests ratio of 2:1 calcium to magnesium so that they will be absorbed correctly. Might be worth asking someone else about that.

I take a powder form. It's got some other minerals in it as well. It helps me sometimes with my RLS although I don't actually have muscle cramps. A cheaper way of seeing if it helps you is to buy the epsom salts and use that in a bath.

There are some helpful posts in the Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs, Supplements Forum about magnesium. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138

RLS doesn't feel the same as leg cramps. It's more of a gnawing edgy feeling inside with a need to move. Hard to explain.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:03 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i bought the magnisium because i heard it was goodfor ocd and ocd is liketourettes in a way

i feel like im 29 again sort of

im somewhat happy-disgusted with doctors though
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Clouds z I am going to try this magnesium oxide. I have plain old magnesim and it doe not do much. Last night I had to jump out of bed several times from the cramps in my legs. I always feel like they need a good stretch but as soon as I attempt to stretch them they cramp up. It is painful and disturbing to my sleep. Thanks again!!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:36 AM #6
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Clouds

Wow - I'm glad to hear the magnesium helped and is making you feel like you're 29 again. At this rate, you'll be a spring chicken in no time at all.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:15 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
Hi Clouds

Wow - I'm glad to hear the magnesium helped and is making you feel like you're 29 again. At this rate, you'll be a spring chicken in no time at all.
hi kathy how are you?

google dr blaylock he may know lots of stuff
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i just have the magnesium oxide from target- cheaper maybe

this was the email i got

Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT
You’ve probably read Dr. Blaylock discuss the important benefits of magnesium and its vital role in your body’s health. It’s involved in over 325 biochemical reactions.

Early symptoms of magnesium deficiency include:

* body aches
* muscle twitches
* low energy or feeling run down
* headaches and migraines
* leg cramps
* chronic constipation
* insulin resistance
* severe PMS, and more.

Left untreated, a magnesium deficiency can lead to more life-threatening conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, and others.

Purchase Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT now!

Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT May Help
80% of Americans are deficient in magnesium. That’s approximately 240,000,000 men, women and children. Standing shoulder to shoulder that’s enough people to stretch from New York to Los Angeles 37 times. In other words, probably you.

Determine your risk. Take the magnesium deficiency assessment now!

* Relax muscles and ease athletic injury.
* Support energy production.
* Promote healthy, restful sleep.
* Encourage calmness and lessen stress.
* Maintain blood pressure within normal limits.
* Maintain healthy blood sugar/glucose levels.
* Promote regularity and healthy digestion.
* Support healthy breathing and a healthy heart.
* Reduce symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).
* Support normal bone structure.

Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT

Jigsaw Magnesium w/ SRT™ (sustained release technology) offers therapeutic doses of the most bio-available magnesium available in the world. And it's the ONLY magnesium available that allows the full 1000mg daily dose Dr. Blaylock recommends without the laxative affect associated with nearly all other magnesium supplements, which is why he recommends Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT. And you dont need a prescription!

Learn More

Why Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT

* It’s the brand recommend by Dr. Blaylock in the Blaylock Wellness Report.
* Patented Sustained Release Technology (w/SRT) allows you to take a theraputic dosage of magnesium each day in order to replenish deficiency.
* Highly bioavailable for super-absorption.
* No laxative effect like most other magnesium supplements.
* Awarded the Albion Gold Medallion.
* Coated, easy-to-swallow caplets.
* Only $0.47 per day.
* Most effective formula available! Literally.

Compare Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT™ to other leading magnesium supplements.
$10 Off Your Next Purchase
As a subscriber to the Blaylock Wellness Report, if you order now, you will receive $10 off your purchase. You may order online or speak to a member of our knowledgeable customer care team at 1.866.601.5800. If lines are busy, please call again.

Promotional Code: blaylock

If purchasing online please enter the promotional code at Step 5 of the checkout process to receive your discount. If ordering over the phone, please mention you are a Blaylock Wellness Report subscriber.
Hassle Free Money Back Guarantee
We are humbled by the reviews Jigsaw Magnesium has received. These are people just like you who are seeing results every single day. We feel strongly that once you’ve tried Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT for yourself you will feel the same great results. In fact, if you don’t feel the results simply call us for a full refund. You don’t even have to send your bottle back (what would we do with a mostly empty bottle of magnesium anyways?).

What Others Are Saying About Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT
I've been taking the Magnesium w/SRT for about 2 weeks and I can tell an overall difference in how much better I feel, I feel more energized, and my quality of sleep has improved. I can honestly say I haven't felt this rested in a long time. I've been telling everyone I know about this product. Thanks Jigsaw.
— Alice B., April 2, 2007
You magnesium is FABulous!! I am recommending it to anyone I know who has even a muscle twinge!!
— Ally G., March 27, 2007
I suffer from GAD (general anxiety disorder) and that causes other side effects like muscle twitching ..not to mention frayed nerves. My doctor suggested taking magnesium, and with almost every OTC mg supplement I took, it would cause diarrhea.

But not with this product. I can take their serving size and sometimes even double the serving size and there are absolutely no side effects. The twitching has reduced considerably, and I find myself a lot calmer.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I'm so excited to read your post.

I have a book that concentrates on magnesium, and it says that we have way too much calcium intake here in the US.

We need more magnesium than calcium... else headaches and bone spurs (I forget what else) may result.

the author of the book wrote that in other countries where they take less calcium they also have less LESS osteoporosis because their intake of calcium and magnesium is better balanced than here. (No dairy lobby there, I expect.)

I'm SOOOOOO glad your cramp is gone!!!!

It also helps, sometimes to take the magnesium with vitamin C, since it needs a bit of acid to be better absorbed.

I take magnesium for headaches, now. It works great.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 AM #10
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Hi again Clouds

I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking. Still having problems with my stomach and low blood pressure. It feels like I'm in a state of constant motion sickness, and I don't know how to stop my blood pressure from dropping when I stand up.

It's SO embarrassing to faint in public. I don't always faint, but it's just as embarrassing to suddenly sit down on the side walk or floor of a grocery store to keep myself from fainting. There's no way it can be done without drawing attention to yourself. I don't like to be the center of attention.

I'm sure your Dr. Blaylock has a lot of information, but I've pretty much given up on docs or trying to treat my illness. It's all so complicated and docs still don't know much about familial amyloidosis. I think I'm better off by paying closer attention to what my body needs, not what someone else tells me my body needs.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote