Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 AM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default 20,000 Miles for Parkinsons

I don't usually post Blog posts, but this one seemed worthy of posting.

20,000 Miles for Parkinsons

8/1/2007
http://www.placesihaveneverbeen.com/...arkinsons.html

Last night I settled in and watched the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries" which is based on the journals that Ernesto "Che" Guevara de la Serna, (yes that Che Guevara), kept while he and his best friend drove across South America on their motorcycle in the early 1950s. Well, the movie was great, inspiring and had wonderful music.

My friend Brennan told me that the book "The Motorcyle Diaries" inspired him to his own South American journey that he is now towards the end of. In October 2006, Brennan left Florida and headed off on a BMW motorcycle through the Gulf States into Mexico, Central America and South America, over pavement and dirt to the southern tip of Argentina, and back. When all is said and done he will travel more than 20,000 miles and expects to raise at least $150,000 for the Parkinson Foundation. Isn't that amazing! I've talked to him periodically, helping him send out email blasts, and the pictures he has sent have been pretty great. He seems to be having a great time, except for that broken collar bone and a couple of accidents. Check out his site here, look at the pictures and his travel logs - and if you can donate to help the Parkinson's Foundation!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement