Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Cervical and Lumbar MRI Results

Should I be concerned?

L2-L3: There is a small central annular tear, with mild effacement of anterior thecal sac. There is mild facet arthrosis, without neural foraminal narrowing.

L4-L5: There is mild disc dehydration, disc space height loss in concentric disc bulge with endplate spondylotic changes and bilateral facet arthrosis. There is moderate to sever left and mild to moderate right neural foraminal narrowing. Mild effacement of the anterior thecal sac is also seen at this level, with left greater than right lateral recess narrowing. This affects the traversing L5 nerves on the left. (Note: I walk with a limp)

There is more for the lumbar, but these are the highlights.

C5-C6: There is a right focal disc herniation in the paracentral region, which measures 5.8 X 13.6mm. This causes mild to moderate right effacement of the cord, without signal abnormality. Postoperative changes are present on the right consistent with prior lamincetomy. There is moderate to severe right neural foraminal narrowing. Mild left unconvertabral joint osteophyte formation and left neural foraminal narrowing also visualized at this level.

Yes, I had surgery on C5-C6 last year.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ty45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I feel for you

Sup I'm Mike, I am dealing with similar problems myself. Should you be worried? Absolutely not. You can totally recover from this and without any more of surges. Look anything that breaks can be fixed. How many hours each day are you dedicating to healing your spine? What else can you be doing? You know the answers and if you don't you can find out. There is no fear you can heal. Your own body wants you to heal check out my thread in this section on alternative treatments and go from there.

,Mike
1MikeD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote