Default For discussion

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81422995115331

advertisement
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 AM #2
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default War? Is it as bad as it is made out to be.

1. By dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima we saved millions of American lives. If we remained pacifist and neutral regarding our stand on World War II much longer, we all might be saying, "Heil Hitler!" rather than "Our Father."

2. I am tired of everyone beating up on President Bush for not forgetting those that were killed in the 9/11 terrorist attack. His desire to stomp out terrorism so we will not ever experience the shock of watching jet planes deliberately and viciously dive into the twin towers. We are a union of states with more responsibility to help smaller nations who cower under terrorism leadership. As St. Paul pointed out, "Christianity is made up of many parts each with different gifts." If everyone would just use their own gifts and stop telling others how to think or how to use their gifts, we would be one happier country. As one famous democratic president once began his acceptance of the Presidency, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." Sounds an awful lot like the Golden Rule to me.

3. Before Kennedy was shot the people of the United States had an 80% approval rating and trusted the members of our government to run the country. After his assassination, that number dropped to under 30% because of all the conspiracy theories floating about. It is alot more interesting to listen to negative conspiracy theories rather than trust that the world will still be fine when you wake up. It is much easier to believe the gossips who slander President Bush and claim he knew there were no "weapons of mass destruction" and the reason he invaded the middle east was to gain control of the oil supplies. It is much harder to believe that he was given bad information and his motive was to put down terrorism.

4. My son served in Iraq and said the people are like children. They accept living in poverty because they have been kept isolated from the free world and can't believe their lives could be improved. They are too frightened to fight the extremist and lose what little they have.

Those are my thoughts after looking at the web-movie. I am willing to share my opinion, but will not waste time defending it. I have no desire to get into a free for all with others who want to "discuss" it. The movie was extremely slanted and told only a very small part of the story. If you are truly interested in history you might consider reading, "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi, author of "Helter Skelter." I should warn you though, the book has 1,512 pages and so many reference material a disk is included as the book would be to heavy to pick up if they were printed out.

Vicky
Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb dear thelma~

the zeitgeist -
it reminds me of a book I read in the seventh grade -written by
Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451 - the temperature in which by means of the heat from fire will burn books -or paper... this book has stayed in my mind ever since, I was 13 years of age... the science fiction book
I see more reality from, now more than ever.
this is from ray bradbury why he wrote Fahrenheit 451 - http://www.raybradbury.com/images/vi...hire_blvd.html

I see the reality of this book now in the world we reside in -
it is the network -the internet...
in Fahrenheit 451 the fireman's - wife in the book is so
taken in by this -she is not in touch with reality, her husband on the other hand is a fireman -who set homes ablaze that contained books that the government called -illegal... especially the bible -because it is the word
of God - Hitler had book burning ceremonies.

this is where my faith see's a difference.
I believe in GOD, to me GOD is not religion -religion is man made.

GOD is real to me -
religion is doctrine, as a child I was taught religion -catholic.
looked it up for my own clarity = caterva : crowd, troop, flock.
catervatim : in troops, in masses

what my theology teacher said about the word at its root -is latin and it means universal, that was not exactly what it meant??

it I do not believe in,
RELIGION at all.
I hate pomp and the pharisee, who blow horns and shout look at me -I am great, I have wealth -I have power, look how much money I give to the church...
this I could absolutely not believe in.

thank you for telling me about zeitgeist,
I still read alot, and TV/ cablevision/ I was not able to afford for the last almost 2 years...

and it was very good that I have been poor, because I started hating the news I kept hearing the words said over and over, made me sooooooooooo nervous- I turned it off.

I could plug in my tv, and with old fashion rabbit ears/ antenna I could see
almost 3 channels, one was news, one was tele-evangelist...

and the third was such a bad connection I never could watch it or hear it.

what an education I have had by being poor,
I see more clearly now, than I did...
I am happier with life and more thankful for the people I love.

luv,
tena

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 08-17-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 AM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Post PS - please watch this video dear thelma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_pUc9aWmGQ

this one is a shocker -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fws4RxWtnOg

this is from david letterman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjkWjFbMkU&NR=1

by
, on Flickr

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 08-17-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 AM #5
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default dear vickie

oh my vickie
do you ever reread what you write?
well you have the right to believe that war is great, but do you really believe in killing?
does killing keep you neutral??

I must say - I disagree with everything you wrote.
wars are real life horror... I can't watch the fake movies that show reinactments of war...have you ever actually been in a battle field?
my father saw WWII -he said war was hell -he hated the vietnam war, and the boys being killed to make ruthless men rich.
their is a quote from Thomas Jefferson -banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

here is what war is about:
http://www.freedomdomain.com/bankquot.html

truman was from missouri -and he was voted in by the mafia - I have read real history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
1. By dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima we saved millions of American lives. If we remained pacifist and neutral regarding our stand on World War II much longer, we all might be saying, "Heil Hitler!" rather than "Our Father."

2. I am tired of everyone beating up on President Bush for not forgetting those that were killed in the 9/11 terrorist attack. His desire to stomp out terrorism so we will not ever experience the shock of watching jet planes deliberately and viciously dive into the twin towers. We are a union of states with more responsibility to help smaller nations who cower under terrorism leadership. As St. Paul pointed out, "Christianity is made up of many parts each with different gifts." If everyone would just use their own gifts and stop telling others how to think or how to use their gifts, we would be one happier country. As one famous democratic president once began his acceptance of the Presidency, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." Sounds an awful lot like the Golden Rule to me.

3. Before Kennedy was shot the people of the United States had an 80% approval rating and trusted the members of our government to run the country. After his assassination, that number dropped to under 30% because of all the conspiracy theories floating about. It is alot more interesting to listen to negative conspiracy theories rather than trust that the world will still be fine when you wake up. It is much easier to believe the gossips who slander President Bush and claim he knew there were no "weapons of mass destruction" and the reason he invaded the middle east was to gain control of the oil supplies. It is much harder to believe that he was given bad information and his motive was to put down terrorism.

4. My son served in Iraq and said the people are like children. They accept living in poverty because they have been kept isolated from the free world and can't believe their lives could be improved. They are too frightened to fight the extremist and lose what little they have.

Those are my thoughts after looking at the web-movie. I am willing to share my opinion, but will not waste time defending it. I have no desire to get into a free for all with others who want to "discuss" it. The movie was extremely slanted and told only a very small part of the story. If you are truly interested in history you might consider reading, "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi, author of "Helter Skelter." I should warn you though, the book has 1,512 pages and so many reference material a disk is included as the book would be to heavy to pick up if they were printed out.

Vicky

by
, on Flickr

Old 08-17-2007, 07:03 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hmmm

Vicky:

After publishing a set of comments bound to be inflammatory, isn't a bit unfair to say

"I am willing to share my opinion, but will not waste time defending it. I have no desire to get into a free for all with others who want to "discuss" it"?

I am among those who still believe that it is possible to have civil discussion, where each participant can teach and learn, rather than just a simple free-for-all. To make this happen, though, we must all remember that we are a group of people bound together by a different and apolitical cause, and bound to a different set of rules of behaviour than, say, the floor of the House of Commons. I know, I am dreaming, because it does seem that such discussions as these always do end up in diatribes and accusations, but a man can always wish for a wiser world.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default One thing the Net has made clear and which many...

...already knew and which a few have always known is that society tends to be made up of a lot of sheep under the control of a few wolves.

We are lied to continuously. The media is a controlled entity used to further a particular agenda. The agenda is set by a small group of men whose names you never know because they hide behind the corporate shield.

Eisenhower warned us of these men in his farewell speech and described them as the "Military Industrial Complex." Their goals have been centered around looting the US Treasury as they moved into a global position and no longer needed a nation base.

The current administration is their creature and they have succeeded very well. Three generations of the Bush family - essentially an organized crime family - have taken part. Among other things, the group killed the Kennedy's and allowed 9/11 to occur for their own purposes.

They are Evil incarnate.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pax

The evil that we have to fight is disease and it feeds on our malcontent. Let's unite and defeat it before it, and its bastions, defeat us.

Your Mama
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM #9
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default interesting documentary

This documentary holds your interest, no matter what one believes. As with most works like this, there is partial truth and a definite agenda. It can't be called objective. But it can make you think.

Some of the thoughts that struck me as I watched it centered around the many similarities about who Christians identify as Jesus and others before him with similar stories. This, to me, only reinforces the notion of the "living word". People have speculated that the Christian Bible is just a continuation of history...that it didn't start there. It has been referred to as ..was it plaigarism?

I don't see anything wrong with it being a continuation. Religious institutions have both good and bad concepts, practices or interpretations. There is sin and corruption everywhere in life. But this story still is being told. Signs in the heavens, are just signs, not a way of life. If you are star worshipping, I would question the validity of that. It seems more reasonable to me to look at astrology as an amazing sign that only a God could provide.

Most all of it, for me, boils down to this. I was born into a Christian nation, and a Christian family, so I was raised in Christianity. There are many many things I do not understand, as George Carlin so humorously demonstrated in his comedy about hell and love. I do believe, however, that there is too much truth to ignore, that the plan, if followed by all would work and is really quite simple, that the reason it doesn't is because man cares more for himself than others, money is the root of all evil, and it's not my job to judge people. (not to be confused with accepting what they do as right)

Do I always follow this? Of course not, but I would never try to interfere with or destroy another person's faith. The Federal Reserve Board and the churches each have corruption, but are not synonymous. Christianity teaches us to love (different definitions and forms) and help others, not to control the world. One has to go back to the basic concepts and not "religiously profile".

Interesting Thelma....
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Based on this guideline:

Quote:
* Limit your direct discussion of politics, as people usually hold pretty strong opinions about this topic
I feel the need to close this thread.

I'm sorry, but political discussions should be limited.

Thanks,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
Closed Thread