Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In August 19-25, 2007

Hi Everyone,,We've had some nice dry mid September like weather the past couple of days, and physically I have felt a bit better..I hadnt realized how much the hot sticky weather was wearing me down

I usually post this thread on Saturday nights, but I had to do a virus scan because there is a nasty bug going around through e-mail in the form of greeting cards, and I know that I opened one of them a few weeks ago..It takes hours for this old unit to complete a scan, but it came up clean, even though this thing has been acting a bit weird..Must be something up with the server

My truck is still at the garage..They put the new motor in, but havent finished hooking everything up I guess..I hope to hear from them tomorrow or tuesday..Ive been riding around in a $26 a day rental car, and this Wednesday will make 2 weeks that Ive had it..I needed this like a hole in the head..

Other than that Im still busy trying to build 70 conch traps before the middle of September..Ive got 27 finished, and 20 half finished, so its going to be close

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Steve:

Good luck with the fishing. The weather here is the same as yours. There will be a mini heat wave coming in by the middle of the week. We are acclimating ourselves to Maine. Went to the balloon festival in Lewiston a few days ago. Missed the tugboat races in Portland. Next Sunday we'll go down to Mohegan Sun for a day of losing money. We agree to lose a certain amount and quit when we reach it. We are not completely moved in. Need to have the pictures and a large mirror hung. After that we'll be pretty well set. My work has not left me. This morning I got a manuscript to work on. It's on the Sea of Marmara. I'm not first author but I still have things to contribute. Now that we are pretty well settled I have to contact my colleagues and let them know my email address.

All the best,

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The tests all seem to point towards Wilson's Disease. I have more tests tomorrow. After tomorrow's jaunt, if things stay on course, a liver biopsy is next.

Please keep your fingers crossed, as I am getting a little scared and my DH is still out of state, so I haven't told anyone.

Mama
mamafigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
although its still in the nineties here i can tell the light is changing toward fall.
my daughter turned five last week, big party.
ive been watching hurricane dean, cat 5 at landfall. that is, 155mph sustained winds, or hell on earth. i realy am glad that it didnt hit here.
steve, we have conks around here but i never ate one. ive tried carribean conks, can these local conks be prepared similarly?
i had a couple days this week when my pd was the worse yet, rigid, slow, shaky, confused. i just wasnt much good to anybody. hopefully ill feel better when it cools off a bit more. i guess the birthday party and build up was stress also.
oyster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It has been a while since

I last posted. We have been out of town and busy with getting our grandson ready for going to Seattle to live with his dad. I have lurked enough to keep up with what has been goiing on, but did not feel the urge to post.

Steve, I hope your truck is finished soon and running smoothly. We just sold the '03 Chevy Astro van our son left here when he moved to Seattle in July. It was a great deal for the folks that bought it. It sounds like the conch trap factory is humming!

Burkle, I covet your cooler climate as I swelter in the dog days of the South.

Mama, I hope you are able to get a correct dx finally and that DH returns soon. Is there any Wilson's disease in your family that you know of?

Oyster, aren't conchs gastropod cousins of you bivalves? According to evolutionary thinking we are all related, I guess.
Before Dean's path proved to be so far south, the folks on the upper gulf coast who are still reeling from the encounters with Katrina and Rita were really anxious about a third "punch".

Keep the faith!
Robert

Last edited by RLSmi; 08-22-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added text, improved syntax
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rain...

Well, that'll learn us! We're back from our week of cool weather in UK's Lake District, to find that the week was as cool here as it was there.
It was an infusion of breathtaking beauty, overwhelming aesthetic overload. The stone walls that meander along roads and up and across mountain sides add to the natural beauty - it was like driving through an exquisite sculpture.
And every village, manor house and hall in one part of Cumbria is called HUTTON....so that must be where Ron Hutton's family has roots.

Unfortunately the airports were awful, awful... got us to the plane at the last minute every time, no pre boarding for wheelchairs. And our luggage was lost for the first day of the vacation.
But English food is great, and the beer....yum.
And now we're happy to be back home.

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote