Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Got my call today !

My Neurosurgeon's case manager called me today and shared that on the 28th I have an appointment to see him - for the Medtronic Pain Stimulator !!!!

All the hoops have been jumped.

I have heard good things about this device - hopefully it will work.

On another note - my right foot (the top goes numb while standing) now the bottom of my foot goes numb while standing.....I asked my Primary Doc's case manager about this - she says she has heard of this happening to others with "similar" low back injuries like mine and that it may be high time for another MRI (the last one is a year old). Anyone out there with a similar problem - I have L5-S1 spinal stenosis, L-5-L3 DDD, L-5/S1 thru L3 disk bulge, etc etc - sciatica left and left and right legs go numb......Left foot numbness (top) right foot numbness (top and now on the bottom) Osteoarthritis in both hips etc etc......AC joint

Take care of yourselves....

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-28-2007, 11:37 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Best of luck with the Medtronic Pain Stimulator - I hope it works very well for you.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:28 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Stem

Oh what a time to get this thing installed.

I am attending college right now and contrary to what I thought there is pain involved with the incisions.

My Primary Doc thinks that this implant will "get rid" of all pain. I wish I can serve her - her V8 because if I had a chance to tell her - there is pain involved.

The spokesperson who is calibrating my machine met with me today and we put together 4 programs. She gets upset when I liken this machine to a TENS Unit - hey it feels about the same - difference is this thing is implanted into my body. I commended her and my Neurosurgeon for finding the culprit nerves that have caused havoc in my body for the past 12 years all the way down to the numbness in my feet and told them that I am using this machine to "overstimulate" my nerves and my relief comes when I turn the machine off. They did not know what to say - I guess they hear the "miracle" stories everyday.

Will keep you all posted and I am prepared to tell the "real" story about what you go through when you get one of these machines "installed" :-)

Signed

Hurting (post-op) at home
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow

Sounds like quite an experience. Please do tell. And I hope so much that it really really helps you.

Make sure you recuperate yourself!
lailavia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:26 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi. I'm Susy and I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted on May 25 and I love it! Easiest procedure I ever went through and my need for pain meds has decreased substantially.
I wish you the best and I know you'll love it as much as I do.

Will keep you in my prayers.
Susy
Susy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote