Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Transforaminal Steroid Injections?

Hi, new to the forum. I'm wondering if anyone had experience with transforaminal steroid injections? I'm not sure what I think yet...the first injection seemed to help at first, but then the pain started creeping back two days later. The second injection hasn't seemed to do anything at all. I'm not sure if my doctor will decide to give me the third shot, since this last one did nothing. I have a protruding disc at L5/S1 that is causing sciatica, and I also have degenerative arthritis there. I'm currently taking Mobic and Lyrica, but I'm still in pain from both my spine and the nerve pain. I'm just looking for other peoples' experiences to figure out where I stand. Thanks!
missjewl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-31-2007, 04:18 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default steriod shots

Hi Jewl

I had 2 shots myself & one seemed to go bad....slipped outta place ! I was feeling better, then I had to do some work on the house & was in some ttight spots that made me twist & turn my body. The next day I went to put pants on all hell broke loose & I can barely stand/walk for more than 10 minutes.

Spoke to a Dr. that is going to maybe do a non-invasive type surgery.....Microdisctomy & he said the steriod shot slipped out of place & is pushing the disc furthewr into the nerve. I have severe leg pain in Right leg, no back pain.
itsbizz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote