Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new member from Maine with PD

Hello. My name is Karen. I live in Maine and was diagnosed with parkinson disease 11 1/2 years ago. Every day I check neurotalk communities, parkinson disease forum. It is very helpful. Every so often I want to reply to a message which is why I have registered. It takes time for me to decide what I want to say and type it. I am 54 and live with my two cats in the country. Living with PD has been an interesting adventure. There have been good and bad moments. I started a new PD organization, Maine Parkinson Society, and introduced Parkinson tulips to Maine. Currently I am not involved with PD activities or support groups. It is important to me to continue to participate in activities I like to do (camping, hiking, cross country skiing, gardening, watching birds). My PD doctor is in Boston. She has been my doctor for four years. A friend takes me to my appts. 3 or 4 times a year. Most of my communication with her is by e-mail and this has worked very well for me. I am looking forward to this weekend. I am going with a few of the women I hang out with to a friend's camp on a lake in western Maine. The view is mountains and the music is loons. Hope you all have a great weekend!
kljb5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-06-2007, 06:31 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default glad to meet you

Hi Karen,

It sounds beautiful there, welcome. We should at times fill your bill, is that how the saying goes? Hope to hear more of those descriptive posts. Chime in.

Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face welcome

Karen,

It is good to hear from you. It sounds like you live in a beautiful part of the country.

Welcome to the forum and continue to post - your voice will be much appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

hugs

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 4 corners

Welcome, Karen!

I would like to point out, we have all four corners of the country covered - Maine (Karen), Florida (Paula), California (jean on vacation), and me in Washington State. Just kinda struck me!

Looking forward to hearing more from you, Karen. All of your outdoor activity sounds wonderful - I need to get out more!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome, Karen

It is good to have you with us, Karen. Of course, when I read that you live in Maine, I had to tell you that this is our "home away from home". We usually try to visit twice a year...stay in Ogunquit...such a beautiful, serene place. We have missed going there the past two years due to my pwp having suffered a bout of depression. In retrospect, Ogunquit, Maine probably would have been the best "remedy". We have just made reservations to be in Ogunquit the first week in October. I hope that you'll continue to post, here. You have come to a place of very caring people who will be here for you in whatever way you may need them to be...welcome, again, Karen....and who knows...maybe we'll meet on the streets of that "beautiful place by the sea" (Indian name for Ogunquit)

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 PM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Karen

Maine is a beautiful state! Hope you will stick around and we will see you posting more and more.

Hint: Sometimes, when I am not sure what I want to say I open a Word document, type there and then copy/paste into a post. Thought I would share this.

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to our community Karen..My name is Steve, and I was dx May 04..Sounds like you dont let pd get in the way of your enjoying life..High 5's!!..