Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In Sept 9-15, 2007

Hi Everyone..The weather is beginning to get unsettled here in New England, and you can feel that fall is getting near

Well, I got the new kitten to the vet this week for shots and blood tests to make sure she isnt carrying anything, and they treated her for ear mites..They told me to Q-Tip her ears everyday for two weeks, and squirt some medication in them..I tried it tonight, and I can see this task is Mission Impossible for a parkie..They gave her a good cleaning at the vet, so Im gonna have to let it go, because it cant be done without someone holding her down..I think too that Im gonna give her away as well..Shes not getting along with the other 2 cats, and she has a bad habit of attacking my feet while Im walking, and that is definately not a good thing..Two cats is enough for me anyway..Ive just got a soft heart for animals, and pd has made me a bigger sucker for stray animals..Im just too sensative..What is comical is that this kitten is about 4 months old, and my calico cat is full grown..The kitten chases her around the house like a bully hissing etc..and the calico cat goes and hides....The other full grown cat will just hiss at her, and bop her one and walk away

So far my truck is running good, and the difference in gas milage is remarkable..When I first bought the truck, I calculated the milage to be around 19 mpg, which for a 4 cylinder didnt sound right..A tank of gas would last about 10 days on the average..I havent calculated the milage since the motor job, but today is 10 days and I still have a little less than half a tank left..So I am pleased with that

After 6 weeks I finally finished my last conch trap today..I just built 63 new ones, and hope to start putting them in the water next week..Im looking foward to that

How was your week?

Last edited by stevem53; 09-08-2007 at 10:30 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default big week

after three months of struggle i closed on my trailer park yesterday and am currently in shock. but it will match my ssi when the day comes. most importantly, my wife can manage it if needed.

been three long months of running with the sound of shuddering banks at my heels. just knew it would all crash just before i succeeded but it held and should ride out the coming storm. it's been tense.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello people

Hello friends that I haven't been in touch with for quite a while. Thank you to GK for prodding me! I've been taking care of my parents, both of whom had major surgery within a month of each other this summer. But now I got my old job back, and rejoined the faculty of the private school where I used to teach before taking the last two years off for health reasons. So I just taught my first class again yesterday (choreography- senior class) and it went very well.

I've been doing my usual collection of unusual things to deal with pd. A couple things that I think are making a HUGE difference is Rhodiola Rosea, and ginseng (thanks to Rick!) You have to get the doses right though. My doctor wrote the book on Rhodiola. If you want more info, PM me.

My basic question and issue now is: does my body have any kind of strand of authentic personal energy left at all that I can nurture and strengthen, or is all my energy generated by the medication? If the latter is true, then my body has been sold, lock, stock, and barrel to the pharmaceutical companies , and I am not pleased.

But one of the energy healers I've been working with thinks that I actually don't have Parkinson's, but that the medication and the addiction to it is responsible for many problems. Dunno - read Janice Wilton-Hadlock(sp?)'s completely horrifying and depressing treatise on Parkinson's meds earlier this summer. Im still trying to get over it.

Good to read people's news. I'm doing really well, incrementally improving.
regards to all.
Fiona
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 AM #4
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Good Morning

Hi Steve,

I promised you falll was on the way. Here in Minnesota, we are already experiencing our first hard freeze up in the northern part of the state and frost in the rest of it. It is 37 degrees as I type. The winds were very strong on Wednesday, about 30 miles an hour steady straight from the north.

My husband is ignoring his health problems now that school has started and he is back to teaching again. I have physical therapy for my lower back which means rolling out my tricycle. I hope it is not too cold.

Fiona, I remember you posting on the old BT forum. What an artistic life you must lead. I used to be a pit musician so met a few choreagraphers in my time and have always admired their ability to help dancers like my son (who took jazz dancing for a few years at a dance school) how to tell a story by the movement of their bodies. I went to my son's recital. The number he was in, he played the bad boy in the story. He was great and I still have the video tape. He has since joined the army, is a first luitenent in the army reserves, married this summer and moved to Texas where he is attending law school. Danceing helped him be in good shape for hisbasic training. He is very health conscous and is careful what he puts in his body.

Well it is going on four in the morning so better get back to bed and try to get more sleep. Now that it stays dark longer in the morning and earlier in the evening, the nights are interminally long.

Pleasant Dreams,
Vicky

PS Rick didn't mean to ignore you. Sounds like you signed alot of stress away. Teacher salary isn't much these days, even with a Master's Degree, and with all the government cuts in education, music teachers seem to be easier to let go, than administrators who handle government programs with no student contact. Espiecially elementary band teachers, of which my husband is one. Financial hardship is very common among us, but we don't seem to discuss it much. I hope Fiona's post helped show what a important message you always sign your posts with.
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote