Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 06:37 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Klonopin user's attention - are you having Burning Mouth -numbness?

Burning of the mouth syndrome -is being cause by my Rx -use of my prescription drug Klonopin!~

http://www.theannals.com/cgi/content/abstract/35/7/874

Burning mouth syndrome after taking clonazepam
NS Culhane and AD Hodle

OBJECTIVE: To report the first published case of clonazepam-induced burning mouth syndrome (BMS). CASE SUMMARY: A 52-year-old white woman presented to the clinic with burning mouth symptoms. The patient was previously maintained on alprazolam therapy for anxiety, but was switched to clonazepam because of increased anxiety and panic. Clonazepam significantly relieved her symptoms, but after four weeks of therapy, she reported a constant, mild, oral burning sensation. An oral examination was negative for mucosal abnormalities, and laboratory tests were unremarkable. The clonazepam dose was reduced, and the symptoms decreased, but remained intolerable. Clonazepam was discontinued, and the burning mouth symptoms completely resolved. Since no other medications relieved the anxiety and panic symptoms, the patient requested clonazepam to be reinitiated, but she again developed intolerable burning mouth symptoms. As clonazepam was discontinued, the symptoms resolved. DISCUSSION: The clinical presentation of BMS includes burning and painful sensations of the mouth in the absence of mucosal abnormalities. Candidiasis, anemia, menopause, diabetes mellitus, medications, anxiety, and depression are some causes of this syndrome. Paradoxically, clonazepam has been studied for the treatment of BMS and has demonstrated mild to moderate improvement. In this patient, underlying causes of BMS were eliminated when possible. The association between clonazepam and BMS was highly probable according to the Naranjo probability scale.

CONCLUSIONS: This is the first published report describing BMS with a benzodiazepine.
Although uncommon, clinicians should be aware of this potential adverse effect due to the widespread use of benzodiazepines.

this may not be uncommon -some doctors think it is a sign that you are losing muiscle control over your mouth,
and that you will soon be drooling!!
which I could see that happening if I knew that medicine is not a cure at all,
my thesis is that after the central nervous system starts being healed by
good foods and lots of good water, and B-12, that the numbing that has taken place on a daily basis for so long, is now screaming literally the only way is can -and that the body is telling you -to stop numbing the central nervous system...
DRUGS are not the ANSWER -some of the medication you take is to stop the symptoms of another medication... that actually is sheer stupidity -
we need healing -we need to heal the body not numb it or put it on an insanity high by giving us our bodies answer to an opiate type drug,
called -dopamine -aka sinemet aka levadopa - carbidopa!
the carbidopa was added later because actually all carbidopa does is help the drug pass through the blood brain barrier faster -

when I first started Sinemet, it would wind me up -
but I at hat time -only sensed it made me feel better?
but it is not better -it is a false high!
I felt like superwoman?
that is not very normal, to go from one extreme to another...
have you ever watched alcoholics shake? they will get " the shakes"
which would then cause them to have
some more of the "hair of the dog that bit them" -
alcoholics and drug addicts experience -off and on periods~

I have been taking 5,000 mcg of B-12, both methyl and cynocobalamine
for almost 2 years... my central nervous system is healing,'

as my doctor has been asking me -why are you better?

well -first I have more faith in GOD than in medicine... and that is because God has saved my life many times..
here is a photo of my car - I hit a semi truck in the year 2000 -when my brand new cars brakes failed
click this -
my car after being hit - all the paramedics and the ER Doctor -told me I should have died...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/4...4c077bd5_o.jpg

GOD is the healer...

I never had panic attacks until - I was put on Sinemet!

here are 201 other known drug reactions that cause -Anxiety!
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/anxi...g_interactions

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/anxiety/causes.htm

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 10-08-2007 at 07:13 PM.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement