Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For Us Sweaters.....

I saw this cool segment on my local news tonight. Wow, this could be the answer to unruly night sweats for us! It's pajamas in a few different styles called cooljamazs. http://www.cooljamaz.com/

I'm going to get me some as soon as I can. They even have a pillowcase too. Thanks to whoever came up with this idea! There is a capri pant and top that could be daywear for anyone who has sweating during the day as well.

Now, I'd really like to see them make actual daywear like this for all day sweaters. Think if enough of us contacted the company with the suggestion that they might consider it? It would be so cool.

to all!

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Karen,

Thanks for the site. That is great that they have come up with this ideal. I would say eventually you will see a line of outside wear.

The black outfit, I would wear out. It is really cute.

I believe that people are seeing that there are so many people out there with medical problems that they are trying to find things to help them more.

Thanks again,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the link, Karen. I'm sure it will be helpful for many. I just wish I fit into that category.

What I need is a miracle, I'm afraid. I have sweats 24/7, but at the same time my ankles and knees are stone cold, and if I'm not wearing sweatpants and woolen hunting socks, my pain level increases dramatically.

I also have no idea if the sweats come from the rsd or the aids. Because my legs are so cold all the time, I'm guessing the sweats come from the aids... but if anyone else experiences the same symptoms, I'd love to know.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:32 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

RSD does cause sweating at any time. Like everything with RSD, each one of us experiences the symptoms a little differently.

For me, I have occasional nightsweats. When it gets near "that time" of the month, I go full out ,full body night sweats and wake up umpteen times a night because of it not to mention it makes me hurt more as well and then add some nice full body electrical jolts into it and wa-la, RSD pain stew!! LOL I've been in perimenopause since I was 31, I'm 38 now and my sweating has gotten much, much worse since the RSD.

For others, RSD results in 24/7 sweating. Having other health problems doesn't help either. Night sweats can also come from thyroid problems too. I'd say if you've had blood work done, ruled out thyroid problems and anything else that could cause night sweats then it comes back to RSD and, in your case Rogue, aids as well.

No matter what the cause it's always miserable for us all. If they could come up with a pill to stop this, the world would be a much better place and lead to a little better sleep and a happier place for us all. I mean, they have a pill for everything else now, why not sweating for ones like us? LOL

Hugs,

Karen

Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 PM #5
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Karen,

Ny sweats have let up from the menopausal stage.

I had my last overy taken out about 5 years ago and before that I was on Premarin. It worked for me until I got the RSD and the bladder problems and had to go off of it.

I had the night sweats in a different way until about a year ago but I have had to use a fan for years at night. Last night I had a fan going but my legs were freezing.

Those electrical jolts you are talking about, I had them so bad last night and the burning from my hips down to my legs that I couldn't sleep. Our weather has turned colder and I am waiting for my new furnace to be put in. Hopefully this week and that's why it gets cold in here. Last night I was chilled, had the fan going and crying in pain.

I am worried about this winter. Last winter was the worst I had ever had. My next buy is an electric blanket. My other one when shot so that again is another expense. I love them though. It's just that you have to figure out how to keep it warm enough but not to hot.

I got up and put on sweats and socks, then started coming out of them early this morning. One thing about it we never get tired of the clothes we wear, we can't seem to keep them on long enough. LOL. Layering is the key for us.
Then we can shed like a snake.

Someone mentioned that Clonidene helps with the sweats. I have my prescription, I just haven't gotten out of the house to get it filled. You might want to check on that with your Dr.

38, you are just a young chick. Hopefully things will start getting better for you. My Dr. use to say that I didn't have to worry about getting old because I already knew what it was like to be old. Now that I'm there, it's not any different then being young. LOL

Ada
Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LOL Ada. I still feel quite young, well actually younger than my age. I'm just one of those that refuse to grow up. Being grown up is no fun!!

I told hubby the other week that I'm screaming toward menopause now. Thing being, I have no clue when it'll all happen for real and then be over, because no woman in my family has ever made it there! On both sides of the family, the women have all had hysterectomies(sp?) in their 20's and 30's due to various things. *sigh* Figures I'd be the only one who'd get to keep it all and be clueless to what's next. LOL

Yeah, layering is our friend. I do it all the time myself. One minute cold, the next too hot. The last 6 months or so it's been one extreme or another and hardly ever just right. I'm glad I live in Florida so I don't have to deal with the real cold and snow. In fact, I've never seen snow and really don't want to!

Clonodine....the doc who dx me with RSD put me on that for a month way back and it didn't do anything for me at all. Well, symptom wise anyway, I wasn't having sweats so bad like I do now. I can't afford any other meds but if I ever can, it'll be lyrica first. That med, for me, stopped my night sweats and helped to also even out my body temp through the day as well. Took away the numbness in my legs and helped the pain some as well. Why does the ONE med that actually works for me with no side effects have to be the MOST expensive one out there. I'm hoping for generic sooner rather than later!

Hugs,

Karen

Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada, I am with you on the electric blanket thing. Not for the bed, though. Michael gives off such heat I roast in there!

But they now have electric throws, and that's what I am wishing for. I want to be able to use on the couch or at the puter, I spend most of my time in those two places, lol.

Oh... and don't forget woolen hunting socks. You can get them at any "outdoors" store. They are great, I have to go buy more. They cost $4 to $5 a pair, but they last a really long time... these six pairs have lasted seven years for me. The socks are still great, it's the elastic tops that get stretched out.

Galena, I guess the women in your family are lucky. I had my hysterectomy at age 27, but they left one ovary so I'd keep producing my own hormones. It finally quit working at 40, and I went through menopause then. So if you have any questions, just ask! It can be rather miserable, I have to admit. But when you get to walk through the grocery store and skip an entire aisle (the one with diapers and feminine stuff) it's a wonderful thing! lmao

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh that would indeed be wonderful rogue! Hubby is thinking about getting me a menopause test they have out now to see what it says about how far along I am in the process. LOL

The only question I can think of is, about "that time". Right now it only goes for like 3 days now. Been doing it for about a year now. Will it just all of a sudden stop or taper even more before stopping? I just really want it to stop and be over! LOL I still have a preggie fear and it won't go away till "it" stops and goes away. The doc who tied my tubes didn't do it properly and frankly I'm quite surprised I haven't had an oops yet. My "baby" is 13 years old now. A friend of my mom's had her oops after her tubal when her youngest was this age. I really try not to think about it but it's always there in the back of my mind.

Ok, so just the stopping question now. Anyone else who's been there, done that, feel free to chime in as well! LOL

Hugs,

Karen

Old 10-13-2007, 10:50 PM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Karen,

I did want to put my 2 cents in on that pregers thing. I had my tubes cut, burned in 74. In 81, I had an etopic or tubal pregnancy. I had no ideal I was pregnant, who would have thought it. I was rushed to Co. Springs to have life saving surgery and that's what kicked my depression into high gear. I went into major depression then started dealing with medical problems.

I went into the hospital in 84 to have a complete hysterectomy and woke up and found out that I still had one overy left. It wasn't even working. I spent years on Premarin to help with all of the symptoms of menopause.

When my PCP walked in he first thing I said to him was that they didn't take every damn thing out. I was so mad. Too bad we can't sue Drs. for their stupidity, huh?

I had the last overy took out in 2004 due to scar tissue and tumors.

I just noticed awhile back that I finally got through the hot flashes. It's the whole body burning up and sweating that I am dealing with now.

I would like to have an electric blanket and a throw. With Christmas coming up, I will have to tell my kids what I want.

I like the thing you were staying about staying out of that one aisle in the store. LOL

Ada
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 PM #10
buckwheat

buckwheat

Decided to delete.

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-14-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: admin edit needed
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote