Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM #1
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Birthday/Halloween party tomorrow night.

We are having a birthday/halloween party for my 13 year old tomorrow night and I have waited until the last minute and do not know what to dress up as.

I got so engrossed in having my home worked on this week and forgot about it.

Do any of you have any ideal what a person can dress up as that doesn't have a costume?

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 10:21 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

sometimes I would just use dark eye shadow to make dark circles or shadows around my eyes and to make my cheeks look sunken or hollow. put on some dark or very pale lipstick, add a line or 2 of blood red lipstick from the corner of your mouth.
Then just wear something dark and baggy.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi.

You could wear black clothing (I wore a black dress) and then pin envelopes all over... "BLACK MAIL".

Have fun at your party.
miss irie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:26 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Cool!!

Ada,
I LOVE Halloween, and really miss having kids that dress up for it (and sometimes even dressing up myself for their parties, or to pass out candy! We don’t get any trick or treaters here anymore....*sigh). I am really good with costume stuff. I had a ball last year when Jay was still in High School, and the band had to dress up like Zombies for a half time show that they did. They played “Thriller” and a couple of other Halloweeny type songs....and their band director wanted them ALL to look like the zombies in the Thriller video! (Here is just the “Thriller” part, if you want to watch it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O_tMo1uDeE

Wish that I could still find the pictures of the kids close up online for you to see., there were A LOT taken of Jay...he looked REALLY NEAT! LOL). Jay looked like he JUST walked out of the Thriller Video grave yard, and I wound up doing make up for about 3 other kids for each one of these performances.

Like Jo said...putting on really light make up, and using eye shadow to hollow out your face is a pretty easy thing to do. You can use a SUPER pale base, and translucent (or white, if you can find it) face powder. Then, use a dark plum/purply eye shadow in place of blush, right under your cheek bones to hollow out cheeks (it doesn’t take very much at all, and the key is BLENDING! LOL). You can then use a small brush to dust the hollows of your eyes with that same color.

For clothes.....I got the sport coat, pants, shirt and tie (all some atrocious shades of green and dark green) from the thrift store for Jays Zombie outfit. I cut everything up with my big serated bread knife, and then did “distress” things a bit with some charcoal powder. Just a little....to make him look dirty and dusty. I got a can of that white hairspray from Wal Mart. I think that this WHOLE outfit cost me about $6, and the make up less than that (since I could use some of my own). If you can’t get to a thrift store, you can still just make yourself look “Dead” with the make up thing, and just wear some black clothes. A little fake blood goes a long way, too. LOL

Personally, I like dressing up as either a vampire or a witch. The witch you can make the same, except get that green face paint/make up (walmart has it), blend it in, use the same translucent face powder over the whole thing, and do the SAME thing with the SAME plum/purply eye shadow. Rat your hair, pop a hat on..and WA LA! Instant Witch! LOL. (I can come up with other things...Hippies, martians, “dead brides” [something that Meghan wanted to be for a couple of years running..don’t know why], and even know how to make someone a ball of aluminum foil [something that my little brother was one year....again, I don’t know why! LOL]. Gypsies are fairly easy too, if you have some full colorful skirts and stuff to use). If you want me to put my thinking cap on...just holler. I LOVE doing the whole Halloween thing! LOL

I hope you have FUN! Let us know what you decide to dress up as, and how the whole party goes! Have LOTS of FUN!!!

Love and
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss irie View Post
Hi.

You could wear black clothing (I wore a black dress) and then pin envelopes all over... "BLACK MAIL".

Have fun at your party.
Miss Irie,
I had to laugh at your costume here! HOW COOL and FUNNY! It reminded me of one year when my Mom and Dad had to dress up for a faculty party when Greg and I were kids. My Mom took all kinds of pains, and dressed up as her "hero" Olive Oil (and boy! Did she LOOK like her! But, it does help if you already have the figure for it. ROFL!).

My Dad kept his whole costume a secret. Got ready where we couldn't see and everything. Since they were supposed to "Match" some how, we all figured that he would pop out as Popeye. Well....not exactly....

He comes out all proud, and we just looked at him. We were baffled, and then he said "OH! I forgot the finishing touch" and got a knit cap. Here is what he had on (see if you can figure it out. LOL..we couldn't. He had to tell Greg and I what he was)

He was wearing Olive Drab (OD) green pants. A lighter colored OD green shirt. His "finishing touch" was a BRIGHT Reddish/orange knit cap on his head.

Did you figure out what he was yet?

An Olive!

I LOVE Halloween!

Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i too love halloween

it is my favorite holiday...........(i won't leave for florida until it is over)

i love the BLACK MAIL....too funny

jose, i think your folks have a great sense of humor..................unfortunatley i COULD have portrayed olive oyl in my younger days...........lol

ada, there are many good ideas here, so hope you come up with something...

when my kids were younger, i made a HUGE hat........like a top hat........it fit way over my head down to my shoulders. and made a small hole to be able to look out of........then i made a face on a white pillow case that i made a huge hole so as to fit on my shoulders, i took a long yelow wig that was like a mop top and added that........then i took a flannel shirt and placed it around my waist, and a pair of shorts i belted to my knees and to the shirt.........then tennis shoes................can you figure it out? i was a little person..........it was adorable.........i had to go through my daughters school and show all the little children.........they loved it...............it was rather hard to walk tho, as the belt around my knees made it difficult.......

last year frank dressed up and sat on a chair in the front yard...........not moving......kids came up and thought he was a dummy, so he would not move....then as they walked away, bam......he would scare them............if they were really small kids he would not do this...................

we had so much fun................i love halloween

emily is going as a character from hairspray................she has seen that movie about five times..............................so my daughter, her husband, his sisters and emily will all portray the characters from the movie.....................................should be fun..............
Attached Thumbnails
Birthday/Halloween party tomorrow night.-dancing-thriller-jpg   Birthday/Halloween party tomorrow night.-grama-emily-pumpkins-jpg  

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:27 AM #7
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Girls,

Thanks for the good ideals.

There is a family dollar store about 2 blocks from me. I will run over today and see what they have in the line of makeup.

I do have an olds bride's dress and veil. I thought about putting fake blood all over me and find a plastic knife to look like it's stuck in me. Gross huh?

Susan is going as a hippy, Travis is going as a scarecrow. They really get into Halloween also. They have my place all decorated up. Devin will be 13 so they combined both of them. They are going to have over 20 kids tonight. I just hope my house is still standing when they are done. LOL

Claudia, I love that ideal about Frank. That is too neat. That would be something Bill would do. He loved those kind of things. He dressed up like Santa many a times and delivered gifts to the boys when they were little.

I have pictures of him putting my Mom's wigs on and getting one of her coats and purses out of her closet and dressing like a woman to entertain Mom and Dad when they were sick.

Jose, I like your ideals. It sounds like you know how to have fun too. I know you miss your son. I am dreading the day my boys are grown.

I will let you guys know what I go as. Thanks for all of the great ideals.

Ada
Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 AM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default RE

Hope you dont mind me asking, but what sort of costume did you get???
Many thanks
Alison
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 AM #9
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ali,

I don't have one. I had a new door put on my place this week and some painting done and I got side tracked and forgot all about the party until Susan mentioned it yesterday.

I am going to run to the Dollar store and get some face paint. I could just go as myself and say I'm scarey enough as I am. LOL

What are you going as girl? I know you want to get out there and Halloween this year. Don't let the RSD keep you from having fun. You are a beautiful girl from your picture and I wish you weren't going through what we are but do enjoy yourself Halloween when it gets here.

I like the blackmail thing also. That might be something I do. My mind is just racing. I do have a lot of black clothing also.

My son-in-law went as a baby one year. He has on this large diaper, a hat and a pacifier in his mouth. He loves Halloween. He is getting ready to have an outage at work so they had to do this early. He won't see the outside world for over a month when it starts, with him being the boss he will get calls at anytime.

What are you going to dress up as Ali?

A friend emailed me and said I should go as Anna Nicole. That would be too funny but I don't like to wear short clothes. I liked Anna Nicole so I am not making fun of her. Everyone lives the way they want to in life and that's how it should be as long as they don't hurt anyone else. She was a pretty woman.

Ada
Old 10-13-2007, 11:21 AM #10
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

an easy costume....

dress in tan or brown. blacken one eye.

black eyed pea.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote