Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Various Manifestations of RSD and Their Possible Treatment

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/pns/17374
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A Story of Indifference, Incompetence, Ignorance, and Tragedy

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/pns/22948
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is the saddest story I have ever heard. It also scared me to death. In this country of ours this should have never happened.

Sue K.
sue k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I so agree with Sue here! How sad! Yes, this should never have happened! Trying to say he can find a cure for RSD!! yeah, right!! Sad, sad, sad!!! Thanks for the links, Sandra! ~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:56 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Regarding: http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/pns/22948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
Regarding: http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/pns/22948

Hello to all of you out in RSD World. The above referenced article should come as no surprise to just about all who have attempted to navigate our current medical system.

Generally speaking, insurance companies, state worker’s compensation, no fault systems, and a plethora of other supposed healthcare entities simply masquerade in the politically correct manner. In essence, those mandated legally, morally, and ethically to treat patients well are treating patients efficiently—that is, in the main, dismissing them in hopes they and their cost of treatment will diminish or vanish altogether.

Treacherous tricks are employed to bully patients into oblivion. Facts do not matter. The bottom line to treatment centers on cost. Care does not depend on the individual. If you believe it does, you must be very upset like me.

Treatment is dictated by insurers and what they are willing to pay out. Simple math dictates that the share holder gains when the patient loses. Since for profit corporations and healthcare providers are motivated by profits and not people, our medical delivery system is representative of the “profit over people paradigm”.

I could go on and on like a raving lunatic with personal example after personal example of how “the system” is a farce, but I am fairly sure, everyone on this board can do the same. What, for goodness sake, are any of us thinking about when we plead for legitimate and compassionate care?

Blanket statements are suspect. So, in an effort to be more accurate, I must mention that my personal experience has put me into contact with more than several very caring healthcare providers. My target complaint deals mostly with the way the system is set up to preclude the little guy, read—me and you, from getting what is really needed—competent care.

The IME system is such a joke, the attorneys all laugh. The IME docs working for the insurance companies and comp boards etc. are nothing more than hired guns supporting non-payment of claims. I would use a stronger term, but it would not be polite to do so.

The game is so transparent in my state, it is laughable. As a bystander, I am not allowed, by no fault law, to even comment as I watch some screwball, bought and paid for doctor examine my wife. A negative comment from me is grounds for kicking me out of the exam room. I must keep my mouth shut as the farce continues. If my wife wasn’t hurting so bad, you bet I’d tell the so and so IME dope of a doctor exactly what I thought about how he or she supplements their income. Being an IME doctor is a growing cottage industry for medical hack doctors who can look themselves in the mirror every day and stomach the reflection.

Angry you say? You can take it to the bank. I only wish I could do something about it. Now, once again to be a little more accurate—There are folks on the other side of the coin who hire other so and so doctors to make a case where none exists. They too are to blame for the sad state of affairs relating to patient care and claim payment by insurers.

If all society was more honest, we could have a much better system. I have some idea of how we got to where we are, but no idea how to fix it for myself and wife let alone everyone else.

John the Painter
johnthepainter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote