Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Luvox side effects.

I seem to be having a problem with an antidepressant called Luvox (Fluvoxamine) that I started taking about 4 weeks ago. For the first two weeks I was feeling quite good and then I started to notice I was having some involuntary movement, like a jerking type of feeling in my left side. Also I am having difficulty breathing, this seems to be getting worse as the days go by. I am also very wobbly, sort of off balance. Wondering if any of you have taken Luvox or any other antidepressant that may have given you these side effects. I know that it takes time to adjust to these meds but I am not so sure this one is working for me. I am going to my Dr. to see if this can be changed. Any thought on this would be appreciated.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-25-2008, 06:32 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evon View Post
I seem to be having a problem with an antidepressant called Luvox (Fluvoxamine) that I started taking about 4 weeks ago. For the first two weeks I was feeling quite good and then I started to notice I was having some involuntary movement, like a jerking type of feeling in my left side. Also I am having difficulty breathing, this seems to be getting worse as the days go by. I am also very wobbly, sort of off balance. Wondering if any of you have taken Luvox or any other antidepressant that may have given you these side effects. I know that it takes time to adjust to these meds but I am not so sure this one is working for me. I am going to my Dr. to see if this can be changed. Any thought on this would be appreciated.
Hi,
I have been taking Luvox for about 5-6 weeks. I don't have any of the side effects you listed. The first few days I was nauseas, and had some trouble sleeping for about 2 weeks. Neither stuck around, I feel good, but am hungrier and have gained weight. The pharmacist accidentally gave me 50mg. tabs my second month, and it took me about 1 week to realize (thought it was just a different pharmaceutical company causing the tabs to look different) I started to notice the OCD symptoms coming back, causing me to be cranky and difficult. I had vivid dreams too. Once I went online and researched what the strenght of the pill I was taking really was, I doubled up until I got back to the pharmacy, and the dreams went away, as well as the OCD symptoms. Hunger came back.
Except for the weight gain, I love Luvox.
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote