Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 11-01-2007, 12:41 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Complete Recovery From Intractable CRPS Type I

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...ournalCode=ppr

This case report aparently illustrates the effectiveness and safety of high-dose ketamine in a patient with generalized, refractory CRPS.
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-11-2007, 12:13 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Low dose ketamine

I personally know people who have had some relief from low dose ketamine infusion which is done here in Australia. The patient is conscious and in fact is able to walk around. However a friend who had it recently had very disturbing hallucination's. This upset her a great deal. She did have a great pain reduction and this has lasted many weeks. I think if you have this kind of treatment and then get stuck into physical therapy, yu would have a good chance of a great outcome.
jeisea
http://www.crps-rsd-a-better-life.blogspot.com
jeisea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeisea View Post
I personally know people who have had some relief from low dose ketamine infusion which is done here in Australia. The patient is conscious and in fact is able to walk around. However a friend who had it recently had very disturbing hallucination's. This upset her a great deal. She did have a great pain reduction and this has lasted many weeks. I think if you have this kind of treatment and then get stuck into physical therapy, yu would have a good chance of a great outcome.
jeisea

Hi there,

I only had hallucinations for my first ever Ketamine Infusion they were disturbing for sure but the pain relief made them worthwhile.
If you are being carefully monitored by the nursing staff then if you start to feel slightly "strange" then a quick turning down of the delivery rate on the pump should be enough to stop hallucinations happening.
Cheers all
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That sounds pretty sensible. I'm glad to hear you got a good result.

I'm pasting information on RSD Hope's DVD collection part of which has information about this treatment.

American RSDHope was formed in April of 1995 by Bob, Lynne, and Keith Orsini to provide support, information, and education to the millions of RSD/CRPS patients across the United States and beyond. Keith Orsini has had RSD since 1974. His RSD is full body.RSD Hope provides a great service by distributing information on and about RSDS to any and every one who requests it, all across the USA.

RSDHope now has a most valuable resource to share with patients and professionals. They have compiled a set of three DVDs of powerpoint presentations from their 2006 RSDHope Conference.

THREE POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS INCLUDE -

"KETAMINE & RSD, WHAT DOES IT HOLD FOR YOU?",

"ACCEPTANCE & COMMITTMENT THERAPY, LIVING BEYOND YOUR PAIN"
"RSD/CRPS -BIOMEDICAL, BIOBEHAVIORIAL, AND BEYOND".

Dr Ronald Harbut was the first peer review journal published practitioner of low-dose ketamine infusion treatment which he helped to develop with Dr Graeme Correll in Australia. Drs Correll and Harbut have been performing this procedure for many years now with demonstrated success. On this DVD Dr Harbut also explains three techniques used in treating RSD patietns with ketamine; low-dose, out-patient, and coma.

In the second DVD when Keith Orsini talks about "Living beyond Pain" he explains profoundly that whist it is the fact we have pain "we need to do what we love to do and simply let the pain come along for the ride."

On the third DVD DR Allan Chino talks about " intractable pain: validation of the chronic pain experience."

Also included in the DVD set is a brief update on the RSD Documentary being made by RSD Aid & Awareness Foundation.

The collection is very inexpensive. You can Google "rsd hope dvd" to learn more.

Please note also that "How to Cope With Pain" website has further information on one of the other mentioned Ketamine treatments. You'll find the direct link to HTCwP Ketamine and RSD Hope under "crps/rsd related articles" to the left of my blog or just google.

jeisea

jeisea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote