Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 11-01-2007, 02:33 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Alert Alert Alert

For those of you who don't know, MEDTRONICS, the manufactures of the spinal cord stimulator and other implantable devices is currently being sued.

This lawsuit is currently only for people who have the defribulator (NOT) the spinal implant. The leads that are used are schocking the patients and so far have caused 5 deaths.

I currently have a SCS and I get schocked real bad. I am having mine removed immediately. Once again this is only for the defribulator and not the Spinal stimulator. Mine may just be a coincidence but I am taking no chances. I want it out NOW!

If you go to http://www.medtronic-lawsuit.com/ you will be able to read all about the law suit. I have actually talked to the attorneys in Texas who are heading up the lawsuit and they reassure me that they are not going after the SCS YET!!!!!!!!

This is not to scare anyone, but to inform you!!

Chin Up and best of luck!! Love Mark xoxoxoxo

advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 02:41 PM #2
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

ty for posting this mark. and big big hugs .

hubbies best friend has one. had it put in about a year ago and has not been happy since. hubby is going to send him the link you gave.

take care hon. this is the last thing you need.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the article but it does seem to only apply to defibrillators and not SCS or intrathecal pumps.
It seems to be just some specific lead failures that are involved and I sure hope that all of those whom it applies to will take themselves straight to their doctors to have them replaced.

If you are having problems with your SCS then it maybe worthwhile having it removed but if it is giving you pain relief then it is probably not worth having it removed on the basis of this report as it is product specific.

It would be nice to know that everything that gets put into us would be VERY thoroughly tested first

Take care Mark
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much Mark.
S
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much Mark for the info.I was implanted with a scs in December 2006 and a few months ago I had some trouble with going into continuous muscle spasms and when I shut the unit off it took 15-30 mins. to settle down. I talked to the pain doc and the woman I keep contact with for medtronics and they felt that it had nothing to do with the unit. I was told to turn the unit down and I told them that i would be lucky to get 30% pain coverage if I did that. they said you have to give a little to get a little. I turned the scs from 1.10 to .90 and I get very little pain coverage and I still get some spasms. So I don't run it very often because I get tired of going through spasms as well as dealing with pain from rsd. The doc has the lead set for just my forearm and my hand but the pain is getting so intense in the shoulder I just feel like ripping it off. No I haven't said anymore to the doc because I don't know what would be involved in making it help the shoulder if it would even do that. This rsd just sucks. Well take care

Tracy
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i have a random question this class action suit seems to be filed by the stinberg law firm which seems on the up and up but then why does the person the email is directed to andrewstinberg at lawyer.com but there is an astrix that says that he is not a lawyer in the state of texas.
dont get me wrong if i had a medtronic scs i would ask for a ct scan to make sure my wiring was intact, i just found it ironic that there are a couple of different threads about poor trends in law.
Strong mind Strong body
wakegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Mark,
My SCS also shocked me a couple of times. They had to turn it off. My next vist I am telling them I want it out.

Sue K
sue k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote