Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 01:16 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Exclamation off topic - strange but true? yikes!

Snakes bite, dead or alive - rattlesnakes - Brief Article

Common childhood lore warns, "that a bee can still sting you even though it's dead." You may wish you'd also known this little tidbit back then on the playground, just for a little "one-upmanship:" a decapitated rattlesnake can still bite up to 60 minutes after it lost its body. Although this may fall into a category of weird and wacky trivia, it's trivia that can come in pretty handy if you run the trails out west--either regularly or on a trip. Of 34 people in Arizona hospitalized for snakebites recently, snakes presumed dead bit 15% and recently decapitated snakes bit two men. Tuck that tidbit away and run clear of snakes, dead or alive.

(New England Journal of Medicine, 1999, Vol. 340, No. 24, pp. 1930)

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Keeping to the topic of off topic - here's something that I have to scratch my head about.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was taped by his own son saying the n word. His son gives it to the media, who decides this is another surefire career destroyer.

Now I'm not defending what he said. I'm puzzled tho and have a few questions. He swore many times in an interview with a tabloid, all broadcast of course.

What, exactly, about Dog surprises anyone that he might talk like that? Is it his looks? his hair, his tatoos, his clothes, his prison record? What makes this swearing and name calling a career ruiner for him? He didn't say it publicly did he?

Is it because he is married to the woman with the largest breasts I've ever seen?

I like Dog. He shouldn't say that word. But he, in a strange way, is a good person with heart and helps people. Shame on people who try to ruin other people. It's not their place to judge. I imagine that word is spoken on Wall Street too.

It's a bad word. Everybody has used a bad word.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote