Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk Hello to you

I have Parkinson , womman 68 years, got the diagnose 2 years ago.
I am norwigian, like to read in the forum.
I have 4 children ,9 grandchildren ,are devorced and o.k.

May be I get something good from my join in. My children does not know that I am " on air ", they mean it is risky,so I don`t tell them. I am alone almost every evening so what has become of my life?
My English is not god, I am not used to speek so simple .

From me -
vertigo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-03-2007, 12:50 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome!

We used to have one or two members who knew Norwegian, and right now we have a member who knows Danish. I'll contact them for you.

I can't promise politeness here, but we work hard at being friendly. This is on the open Internet, though, but you should be okay if you don't give your real name or address or anything too personal. For example, I never say that my husband is away until he gets back.

Your English is good enough to understand what you are saying. We are all still learning English. It's a hard language.

Welcome and I hope we see you again soon.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:06 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to the forum
rd42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Greetings,
Knowledge of what to expect from this disease is very important. You will discover that you are going to have to be the one who takes control of your treatment. You are the only one who knows exactly how you feel. Knowledge will be like a compass and will help you find your way down the Parkinson's path.
Also, I'm not sure that this will help, but here you will find an online translator that will change what you write from Norwegian to English. http://www.translation-guide.com/fre...h&to=Norwegian

Hilsener , Kunnskap av hva å vente av denne sykdommen er meget betydelig. Du ville oppdage det du skal være nødt til å være det ettall hvem tar kontroll med din handling. Du er det bare ettall hvem vite akkurat hvor du stemning. Kunnskap ville ligne en omfang og ville hjelpe du finner din lang nede det Parkinson's sti. Likeledes , Jeg er ikke sikker det denne ville hjelpe , bortsett fra her over du ville finner en online oversetteren det vill endre hva du skrive fra Norsk å Engelske. http://www.translation-guide.com/fre...ranslators.php? from=English&to=Norwegian
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tried to translate the Norwegian text back to English, and it made no sense at all...perhaps this was not too good of an idea; however, it was fun.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:15 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Velkommen Vertigo!

Det er hyggeligt, at du har fundet os. Jeg er et aar ældre end dig, og ogsaa en bedstemor med Parkinson's. Der er godt selskab, stor kundskab og trøst naar vi trænger til det her. Jeg er fra Jylland, men bor i Pennsylvania. Dit englesk er fint fint.
mange allervenligste hilsener fra birte.

mere senere.
I will translate later, my ice cream is melting.
Michael, your Norwegian is just understandable, but somewhat gnarly............

Welcome Virago,
It is so nice that you have found us. I am a year older than you and also a grandmama with Parkinson's. There is good company, much knowledge, and comfort when we have need for it here. I am from Jutland but I live in Pennsylvania. Your English is very good. many most friendly greetings from birte.
more later.

Last edited by BEMM; 11-03-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: ate the ice cream, time to translate.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello Vertigo....

So you have PD . I think that this is a good place to be for people with PD. You can get involved in asking personal questions and find that you will get treated with respect and honesty, but even though some of us are scientists, to my knowledge there is no actively posting neurologist who specializes in PD here. Nor should there be. IT would be putting themselves at risk professionally. WE as a group have a good thing going here because we stipulate that what we say is only our personal opinions, and as such we are not responsible for giving professional advice, just advice that comes from the years that we have been suffering PD together, as a group.
One thing to say is that we are all very different. PD is not like other diseases, what you are feeling can be understood by many of our members, but PD , you'll find has it's vagaries, and some people will not have ever felt the way you feel, so don't take us to literally. You will identify with some of us, but feel very different and disagree with others.
At any age, a person can have other diseases along with PD, which further makes our differences greater. You don't have to be afriad here, just be prudent what you say to others, and never give any more information than your "screen name", and you will be anonymous. Welcome to the group. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome to the Forum

You are very welcome here. I hope you feel comfortable. It is about helping each other as we struggle with Parkinson's Disease. Sometimes that takes patience and understanding. This forum has been very helpful for me. I hope it is for you too.

Du er meget mottakelse her. Jeg håper du føler behagelig. Det er om seg hjelpe skuller vi kjemper med Parkinsons Sykdom. Av og til at tar tålmodighet og forståelse. Dette forum har vært meget nyttig for meg. Jeg håper det er for du også.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:50 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to the community Vertigo!..I am happy that you have found us..
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart thank´s to you for answering me

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
I have Parkinson , womman 68 years, got the diagnose 2 years ago.
I am norwigian, like to read in the forum.
I have 4 children ,9 grandchildren ,are devorced and o.k.

May be I get something good from my join in. My children does not know that I am " on air ", they mean it is risky,so I don`t tell them. I am alone almost every evening so what has become of my life?
My English is not god, I am not used to speek so simple .

From me -
Hello,
I am happy to read all the answers to my presentation . Last evening I was a bit stressed , but I was saved from my mess by this nice and warm person , kim h ,who helped me to get everything correct.
I live in Norway and am are Norwegian, my spelling kontroll is not working, but since you understand wath i mean , I go on -.

The link I got from one of you is fine, shall look at it and learn later. vertigo
vertigo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote