ALS For support and discussion of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease." In memory of BobbyB.

advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mac Questions - Speech Synthesis programs?

hi there, you seem to be quite an expert! congratulations! I am actually a total novice. I am a friend of a lady who has ALS and I will go back to Europe in 10 days. I would like to leave having her voice recorded, so she stays able to comunicate also when the illness takes her voice away. We bought an apple laptop for her. Do you know if there would be any problem installing the InvTool program on the mac for her? would she do fine or is she better of with a conventional laptop. I haven't unpacked the thing in case I need to change it for another kind of laptop.
So far we tried recording voices, just with the film-recording program and that works well.
Any answer will be helpful. I need to hurry up if I wnat her to record as much as possible on the new laptop.
thanks for any reply,
Andres
andres ginestet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default InvTool on mac

Hi all,
I have a simple to answer question:
Is it possible to run the program InvTool on a mac (apple) laptop computer or is the program presenting any problems with mac?
thanks for any answer.
Andres
andres ginestet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 PM #3
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi , here are some links and info on the InVtool

[InvTool

Overview:

InvTool is a program that allows a person to capture his or her own voice for use in speech synthesis. Using InvTool, users record a carefully selected inventory of "sentences" (actually sentences, phrases, and isolated words) designed to cover almost all of the different combinations of speech sounds found in naturally occurring English. Once the person is finished recording as many of the sentences as he can, InvTool compiles the speech into a database that is used by InvTool’s sister program, ModelTalker. ModelTalker can then be used to synthesize sentences that sound like they were spoken by the original individual.

This document is an illustrated tutorial for how to use InvTool. We recommend that you read at least Sections 1-7 below before you begin any recording.

BUG: Currently, there is a minor bug in the InvTool program. Oftentimes, if you move the InvTool window, or if another window is moved over the InvTool window, the writing in the Performance Meter boxes will disappear. This can be alleviated by minimizing and then re-opening the InvTool window.

NOTE to users of older versions of InvTool: Versions of InvTool made available after March 4, 2002, use named inventory files and speech directories which it creates with the File->New menu. If you have already started recording a speech inventory with a version of InvTool downloaded before 3/4/2002, read this to convert your old inventory into the new format.

Updated July 20, 2002.

Contents:

1. Installation
2. Microphone Set-Up And Calibration
3. Creating A New Inventory File
4. How To Record Sentences
5. Listening To And Re-Recording Your Sentences
6. Stopping, Re-Starting, And Tracking Your Progress
7. General Recording Guidelines
8. Advanced Feature: Editing the Inventory
9. Advanced Features: The 'Settings' Menu
10. When You Are Finished Recording: Making The Synthetic Voice
11. Uploading your Recordings to the Speech Research Laboratory ]
http://www.asel.udel.edu/speech/InvTutor/index.htm

Speech Research Lab: Speech Synthesis, Speech Recognition, and ...
The InvTool program is used to record speech for the synthesizer. ... When a person records a database of speech, the InvTool program prompts the person for ...
www.asel.udel.edu/speech/Clin-InvTSoft.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
Technical
I am recording the phrases for my inventory with InvTool. ... Why does InvTool sometimes say "Please record the written prompt" (PRTWP) in a female voice ...
www.asel.udel.edu/speech/Technical.html - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.asel.udel.edu ]
NextUp.com :Text To Speech Software Forums: View topic - model talker
Here's an overview of what InvTool, the voice creation wizzard does and how it works. ... Read on for the overview of InvTool voice creation software. ...
www.nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2865 - 31k - Cached - Similar pages
NextUp.com :Text To Speech Software Forums: View topic - model talker
You can also create your own natural voices using its invtool program. ... Here also is an overview of what invtool the voice creation tool does. ...
www.nextuptech.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2868 - 30k - Cached - Similar pages
FAQ for Potential AAC Users of ModelTalker
Because ModelTalker and InvTool are still beta software, there are some ... The quality of the personal synthetic voice you create with InvTool is very ...
www.modeltalker.com/mt-aac-faq.html - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
[PDF]
Automatic Personal Synthetic Voice Construction
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Figure 1 displays the InvTool user interface. It presents. both a written prompt and an aural ... of the screening tests, InvTool automatically moves to the ...
www.festvox.org/blizzard/bc2005/IS052336.PDF - Similar pages
UD Biological Sciences - Nemours: Dr. Tim Bunnell
In addition to improved naturalness and intelligibility, the ModelTalker and InvTool software uniquely offer the capability of rapid development of personal ...
www.udel.edu/bio/nemours/people/tbunnell.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
Stalking users who searched for www invtool com
Results for "www invtool com", showing result 1 to 0 of 1 search terms. ... User 2970855 searched for "www.invtool.com" [!] at 2006-03-19 15:47:23. << Prev. ...
www.aolstalker.com/search.php?q=www.invtool.com - Similar pages
Modeltalker News
The InvTool installer now includes ModelTalker so it is not ... InvTool now uses ModelTalker to prompt for user-defined utterances. ...
http://www.als.clinicahealth.com/com.../04/20/1935214 - 21k - Cached - Similar pages
FreeLists / nvda / [nvda] Re: You can make your own voice a text ...
Any voices you create with the InvTool program will instantly show up in the ... Make sure to shut down any running copies of ModelTalker or InvTool and ...
http://www.freelists.org/archives/nv.../msg00219.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
more of the google results lists-
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ol&btnG=Search
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 PM #4
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Modeltalker site- It seems to be for Windows , I haven't seen any mention of Mac for this.
http://www.modeltalker.com/

this has a listing of many programs and some for Mac
http://www.etriloquist.com/alslinks.html

http://www.joesalsadvocacy.com/pages/speech.htm#free

I'll place a copy this on to our ALS forum - they might have some better suggestions for you.