Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 12:30 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In Nov 11-17, 2007 Welcome New Community Members

Hi Everyone..I noticed that we have a few new members in the house this week..Welcome to you all!

Not an eventful week..Its been getting cooler as November cranks by, with a bit of frost on the ground in the past few mornings..I went out fishing 3 days this week, and did good one day, and not so good the other two days..My pots were loaded with spider crabs, and it is a royal pain cleaning them out..I tried a change of bait today, so I'll find out tomorrow or Monday if thats the answer

I continue to feel good lately, better than Ive felt in a long time..My gait in almost normal, the fatigue not as bad, and I got on my drum set today for the first time in about 6 months, and I actually could play much to my suprise..I hadnt played in a long time because it had become so frustrating..It is hard to believe that just 50mg more of Sinamet daily in the form of CR made that much of a difference

My diabetic cat is doing better too..I took her to the vet a couple of weeks ago, and the Dr said to lower her insulin from 4 units twice a day, to two units twice a day..He said theres a possibility that she may be able to get off it completely..He says sometimes that happens..She has been doing ok so far, as I can tell by her appitite..It would be good if she can get off the insulin..She doesnt have Medicare Part D..

How was your week?

advertisement
Old 11-11-2007, 01:27 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Let's see:
  1. Yep, it is mighty "cool" here to in south central PA. Never got above 43 today. Frost every morning for two weeks now. On Friday I am heading for my other daughter's in south central NYS where it is about 10 degrees colder. I will be taking my medium weight coat and my gloves with me. I live up there for two years, and I have not forgotten what it is like.
  2. My grandchildren, as grandchildren will do, shared with me this past week...we had 102 fevers, sore throats, etc...after six days of caring for them while they were all three sick, which included being coughed upon day after day, I got sick...go figure Tonight I am beginning the endless coughing phase...ugh!!
  3. My adopted 16-year old cat and my son's cat are doing much better. I don't know which one is more needy! The constant begging for petting interfers with my Internet work Digger's human mom's wanted a home for him because the 8...count them 8...other much younger cats wouldn't leave the oldman alone...poor guy.
  4. I missed two-weeks of the gym now...between the kids and me being sick. So I will be back to the "grind" on Monday .
  5. I haven't heard from my son in three week since he told me to suspend sending him packages "until further notice." In this case no news IS good news. It is a little tiny bit reassuring to know that, as my son put it onec, "when you hear about it in the news (soldier deaths) the families have already been notified." What a way to live day after day...waiting and hoping that there WON'T be a knock on the door. As a mother I truly dislike the fact that his job is so classified that I can't even know what part of Iraq he is in, let alone what he does all day. All he has told me is, "Mom, if it is in the news I am probably part of it." What the heck does that mean...Hey, I don't want to know what it means. I stopped asking questions long ago, since all I would get in reply was, "no comment." (I decided to post a picture of him below.)
  6. Then there was the delightful...NOT...conversation my Mother and I had this week...about the argument my inlaws and I will have if something happens to my son. I love them and they have been a part of my life for 39 years now (divorced for 22 of them), but they will not be happy with my decision...guess what, I don't care.
  7. And to end this week...today...on the highest note in a long time...we Pipeliners have the scope of the year, Andy Grove's full speech...the one he didn't get to give!

Lower left corner...I have no idea if they are all still together. This picture is from April 2007 when they got to Kwait. Nothing since entering Iraq
Weekly Check-In Nov 11-17, 2007 Welcome New Community Members-iraq-50-jpg If you click on the photo it will enlarge...I am not good at this picture things. I am only good at grahics...LOL

Thanks for listening to me whine about my son. War is a horrible thing to live with!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default uh carolyn

last night you posted that he diidn't get to give it and i said oh he did after all. Then we all believed he didn 't, but now it turns out he did LOL,,,,clear as mud in your eye isn't it>

we'll check tomorrow....again

good grief its 3:30,, nite
p

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 AM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

okay...so what do you want for 3:30am
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How Proud

Carolyn...you may not know exactly where your son is...exactly what he's doing...but, of one thing I feel quite certain...you know exactly how you feel about him and how proud of him you are. What a handsome young guy he is!

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello

Happy Veterans Day!!!!!
Thanks to all of our veterans!! xxoo

Alabama lost this week (sigh). I went to the Saints game in New Orleans today. Saints lost (sigh).

Nothing much going on here. Glad Thanksgiving holidays will be here soon.
I need a break. Teaching is tough.

Hope everyone is well.
maryfrances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote