Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I Am So Thankful

It may be a tad too soon for this message, but it's on my mind and in my heart to say with Thanksgiving being close at hand. I have been thinking about those people in my life who should be recognized with my "thanks", and it occurred to me that who...more than all of you...deserve my "thanks"? Since joining NT in March 2007, I have learned SO much...about PD itself...about its medications, etc. Remember, if you will, my most recent "saga" related to Doreen taking Cogentin and the horrendous adverse side effects, i.e., cognitively. I came to all of you for help as we "trudged" through this very dark time on this PD journey. I literally had "lost" Doreen...didn't even recognize her...so much had she changed...but, thankfully...with your help...she has emerged from this and I'm happy to "report" that she's "quite herself", again! Because you helped me through this, I was the one who was instrumental in bringing about a restoration of Doreen's cognitive ability by presenting the information that I had gathered, here, to present to her neurologist. If it were not for your knowledge and support, I care not to think what might have happened.

Important, too, has been your support of me as the carepartner to Doreen. It has been the strength and courage of all of you that has evoked in me a strength and courage that I may never have had. You have shown me how to cope...and yes...you have provided hope. You may or may not recall that I came to NT from a Caregiver's forum in quest of information AND to be among those who are actually experiencing this disease. I needed to know and to try to understand this PD from the perspective and experience of those who actually suffer from it. I knew that I could never achieve this among the terribly overburdened caregivers...nor, would/could I ever be able to find hope among those with little or no hope (understandably so)...but, if we have no hope, what is there for us?

For all this, I am SO thankful...not only at Thanksgiving, but all days. Thank you all so much. I wish you days, ahead, that will bring at least a degree of healing...and hope.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement