Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 AM #1
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default organ donor??

Last year in Nov., I went and became an organ donor. I thought it good to bring up the subject again and get more feed back from everyone. Here is the link to the old post
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=7536
or you can just post here and share if you are an organ donor, if your are not, and what you think about organ donating. the old post is rather long already. so post here or there either place is fine .Thanks everyone.

Peace
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was an organ donor for years, and am no longer one. Because it is such a personal decision, based on a plethora of factors, I'd just prefer to keep my reasoning to myself, though my choice is something that I have gone over thoroughly with my doctors and those closest to me.

In other words? I'm sure if I spelled out all my thoughts (that went into my decisoin-making): It would not be very productive or constructive, but probably lead to a bunch of feelings being hurt. That type of stuff doesn't lend itself to support, so I will refrain from stuff that just leaves people feeling angry, hurt, etc.

Some things? Just better to remain personal things and done quietly.

As I see it: Each person can determine what is what he or she wishes... and put it in writing and witnessed or notorized. That will quell probs. down the road.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 AM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I did not even think about or look at things the way you have, I gotta "suck it up" and honestly thank you for giving me a point of view that did not come to mind before now. And also thank you for not "slamming" me or ranking on me for my request. I just thought it a good thing to bring up with all the troops returning the way they are and the world we go through today, I just did not think far enough past that to realize all the other points some of which you made clear.
Your all right Bobbi. . No hard feelings here I hope none on your end either. And truly I do appreciate your post. I wouldn’t have gotten the point, would not have gotten the big picture of things without your post. I am not that insensitive towards others that I want to cause bad sad feelings. A friendly cyber space handshake Bobbi.
now before trouble gets here ....
Peace
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote