Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Son's Knee Surgery

I wanted to thank EVERYONE for all your thoughts and prayers. I didn't want to keep taking up the Today I site so I thought I would let you know how he was doing.

He went into surgery at 12:30 pm and we did not hear anything until 4 pm. They said it went well but thre were many pieces of the bone which needed to be aligned. One small piece could not. The installed the exteriour fixation device which I had thought was like a cage around the leg with pins inserted in the leg, but, this one is two pins with a rod going lengthwise down the front of his leg. I haven't seen it yet but my husband has. They kept him in recovery for an extremely long time. They did an xray of his chest because the anesthesiologist was concerned about some readings he got when he intibated him. They found that his heart was alittle enlarged. They called in a pediatrician. Everything seems ok but they have called our pediatrician to come in tomorrow and do another xray. I had to go home before he came out of recovery but was able to go back to see him after he was returned to his room.

I have received an overwelming response from his coaches. They have come in to see him each day. His one coach came through and brought him a copy of the Dallas game, no commercials! Unfortunately when we put it on, he fell asleep. Oh well, he can watch it tomorrow. He wouldn't let my husband watch any football yesterday as he was afraid he would see highlights and would ruin it for him.

Thank you all for your response. It is so nice to be included in such a warm and caring group of people. Even though we are not here for a nice reason. We are now figuring out where to put him when he comes home.

I'm going to try to get some sleep, but, I REALLY appreciate your thoughts and especially your prayers. Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so glad he's out of surgery safe and sound. It's not unusual for athletes to have enlarged hearts...I've sent you a PM.
Hope
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lin,
That is such great news to hear that your son is out of surgery and in his room recovering. I hope that the pediatricians have positive news for you tomorrow.
Best of Luck to you and your son...
&
Dawn
Old 11-20-2007, 01:16 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lin- I'm glad that the surgery went well! I hope your son continues to recover well, and I wish him the best when he starts PT (if he's doing that, that is). I know that was a humbling experience for me after my shoulder surgery.

Currently redefining 8,9,10 ......

dabbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote