Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A little bit of hair lose informatoin and herbal remides to help!

I know there has been a lot of questions about hair... I started looking around and on a hair restoration add they had many reason why people lose there hair, Disease or Ilness, on certian medication, lack of nutrution, Stress, Thyroid problems.... I was thinking it was a good explination and easily understood... I hope this helps clear up some questions.... How many suffer from almost most of them? I suffer from all of them i think lol... I just thought this might be helpful! There two differnt sites, why you lose your hair and herbal remeides.... I know there was alot of talk about MSM... I take that... seems to have helped the nails.... Links are at the bottom of each bit of information from the article.

Lack of Nutrition

Although nutritional deficiencies are usually not a direct cause of hair loss, lack of nutrition is often an underestimated factor. Lack of proper hair nutrition can lead to a condition called Nutrition Deficient Follicle (NDF) as well as to the stress of hair follicles, thus shortening the life and durability of hair. Stressed hair is also more susceptible to hair loss due to physical damage.
Fad diets often cause not only stress on the body, but stress on your hair as well. Similarly, crash dieting, rapid changes in eating patterns and extremely low protein diets can also lead to hair loss. Extreme lack of overall nutrition, such as anorexia nervosa, can also cause severe hair loss. Here, the body switches hair from its growing phase into resting phase to conserve energy. The hair would fall out 3 to 4 months later.
Iron deficiency, which leads to the reduction of the number of red blood cells in a condition called anemia, can also cause general thinning of the hair. Zinc deficiency, often accompanied by skin diseases such as psoriasis, can also lead to hair loss and diffuse loss of the hair. Vitamin B12 deficiency, commonly found in vegetarians because plant-derived foods do not have this vitamin, can also be a cause

Medications & Treatments

Surprisingly, over 90% of all prescription drugs list “hair loss” as a potential side effect. In most cases, this form of hair loss is temporary, and hair tends to regrow rather quickly once use of the drug ceases. Certain medical treatments, such as chemo-therapy, can result in rapid and dramatic hair loss. Again, the loss is usually temporary, and hair regrowth begins almost immediately following treatment.
Hair loss from medications and treatments can exacerbate a predisposition to androgenetic alopecia, accelerating the process and, in essence, causing permanent loss. There are effective treatment options for this type of hair loss including surgical hair transplantation as well as certain natural remedies and possibly minoxidil.

Disease or illness

Certain diseases or an illness can cause hair loss. The diseases may include ringworm of the scalp (tinea capitis), thyroid diseases, such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, or lupus. The illness may include a severe infection, high fever, or lack of protein.

Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism develops when there is too much thyroid hormone circulating in the body. This may be the result of:
Thyroid overactivity, which causes the thyroid to produce too much hormone.
Taking too much replacement hormone to treat an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
Thyroid hormone affects many body systems, and excess amounts of it can cause symptoms such as fatigue, weight loss, increased heart rate, heat intolerance, sweating, irritability, anxiety, muscle weakness, and thyroid enlargement.
Graves' disease, an autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid gland and eye muscles, is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism. This type of hyperthyroidism can also cause various eye problems called thyroid eye disease, including Graves' opthalmopathy.
Hyperthyroidism can be treated with medication, radioactive iodine, or with surgery. In most cases, treatment brings thyroid function back to normal. However, lifelong follow-up with a health professional is needed because hyperthyroidism can come back, or problems due to lack of thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) may develop as a result of treatment.

Hypothyroidism

Hypothyroidism develops when there is too little thyroid hormone circulating in the body. This is most often the result of a problem in which the body's own natural defense (immune) system attacks the thyroid gland, a condition called autoimmune thyroiditis or Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Surgery to remove the thyroid or radiation treatment of the thyroid may also cause hypothyroidism.
Untreated hypothyroidism can cause fatigue, lethargy, weight gain, depression, memory problems, constipation, dry skin, intolerance to cold, and other symptoms. In newborns, untreated hypothyroidism can lead to mental retardation. While still in the hospital, all newborns are checked for hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism is treated with medications to replace the thyroid hormone. Symptoms usually disappear within a few months after treatment begins, but most people need to continue taking thyroid hormones for life.

Source: http://www.swordmedical.com/causes_of_hair_loss2.asp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Herbal Extracts for Hair Loss

If you suffer from unusual loss of hair and don’t know the causes, it is best to consult your doctor. If the cause of your hair loss is typical, runs in the family, or is a direct cause of treating your hair or to what you do to your hair, then there is no need to see a doctor as the answer will be that there are a but a few products that can help and we strongly suggest staying away from rogaine for both men and women. Many experts say that the best cure for hair loss is through the use of herbal remedies.
A lot of hair shampoo and conditioners are sold in the markets that contain natural herbs. Many products sold in the market usually claim that they contain natural herbs to help make your hair healthy and more manageable. Aloe Vera and Ginseng extracts are some of the popular herbals that they mix to shampoos and conditioners to produce a beautiful and shiny hair.
People from the ancient times use coconut extracts to maintain a healthy looking hair and until now it is still used by many people. These natural hair care products do not have any harsh side effects and bring very convincing results. Listed below are some of the common herbs that are being used as solutions to hair loss with amazing results.
Saw palmetto or Seneroa repens- This is a small palm tree of the Southeastern United States that has spiny-toothed leafstalks. Extracts of this herb block the cell membranes receptors for dihydrotestosterone, the main cause of androgenic alopecia in most patients. This herb is proven effective in promoting hair growth.
Nettle root- This is a wild plant with serrated-edged leaves that are covered with fine hairs or spines that sting when touched. This has the ability to block conversion of testosterone into DHT and it is long been proven as an effective means of preventing female hair loss.
Green tea or camellia sinesis- This unfermented tea leaf contains catechins that may inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which converts testosterone into harmful to hair DHT.
Pumpkins or Cucurbita maxima- These are large orange fruit with thick orange-skinned rind, dry flesh and many seeds. Extracts from the seeds contain active ingredient delta-7-sterine. The extract protects the prostate and effectively competes with DHT. It is proven effective to slow down the hair loss level. However, clinical efficacy of pumpkin is still under research by many health experts.
Rosemary or Rosmarinus officinalis- This aromatic evergreen shrub of the mint family grown for its fragrant gray-green needle-shaped leaves and used as flavoring in cooking and in making perfume. The essential oil extracted from rosemary helps prevents dandruff and it is proven rich in antioxidants.
Licorice Extracts- This is a plant with sweet root that grows near the Mediterranean that has spiked blue feathery leaves. It prevents loss of hair but not recommended to pregnant women.
Horsetail or Equisetum arvense- This is a non flowering plant that has a hollow jointed stem, tiny thin leaves, and spore-producing cones produced at the top of the stems. It is an excellent source of silica, a mineral that keeps the strength of hair and gives sleek and shiny appearance.
Many people believe in the effective medication of herbs. The use of these herbals will help them with their hair loss problem, dandruff, itchy scalp, scalp tenderness and scalp sores can all be helped with the proper list of herbal ingredients. It has been the remedy to female hair loss problems and male balding treatments. You have to know the real cause of your hair loss for it might be one symptom for an illness. Herbal dandruff shampoo is now a big seller because of all the side effects of the regular brands like coal tar and Head and Shoulders that state limited use only on the side of the bottle. No harmful side effects have been noted from herbal shampoos or for shampoo for oily hair, shampoo for dry hair and just about any other herbal preparation that is used to treat scalp and external hair conditions. Some of these same herbal herbal extracts are used to treat sagging skin on the neck and face as well as sagging skin on the body. Our body section offers skin products that are herbal based for problems such as sagging skin that occurs anywhere on the body including the neck, thighs, face, arms, legs, knees and much more. Herbal extracts also pack a serious punch when it comes to herbal body wraps that are used to tighten and firm sagging skin anywhere on the body including under the chin for a double chin problem or anywhere on the body for that matter.

Source: http://www.worldofhair.com/questions...racts-loss.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if you do a quick search on google... Just type this in the search box:list of medications that cause hair loss

You will see Xanax, Narcotics, Thyroid medicines, Vicodin, and many more medications pop in realtion with hairt loss.

advertisement
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Thanks

Thanks for this, it is really helpful.
I don't suffer from hair loss, however I do suffer from matted hair, it is so annoying. I used to love brushing my hair but now I hate it. My hair is really thick so it is hard to straighten. My hair started going really matted and curly when I was diagnosed with RSD. My family believe that the medications I am taking is causing it to go curly and matted.
The hairs on my leg affected by RSD stand out a lot and grow really fast, which is annoying because I can't shave or wax my leg due to the hypersenstivity.

Take care and thanks again
Love
Alison
((hugs))