Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up 17 years after original work injury--

Hi,
I went to my workers comp trial on 12/12 only to find out from the woman judge that she doesn't have enough information on my pain for TOS after 6 surgeries and the 5th resulting in a staph infection from the operating room. Now I have to go to Dr. S. Ahn at UCLA, he is a vascular surgeon. No more surgery for me, he just has to write a report for the attorney's regarding my level of pain which is controlled by medication. Too bad pain doesn't show on a test like a broken bone, this seems to be the problem. I haven't been able to work since the 2000 staph infection occurred leaving me with more scar tissue = more pain! Surgery isn't always the answer, I just hope and pray my case is settled in 2008. I'm thankful for all of you out there! Happy Holidays!
jacque63
jacque63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM #2
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

It sounds like Dr Ahn is pretty good and up on the TOS symptoms and pain, so I hope his report does well for you.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Thanks for your reply jo55

Thanks for your reply to my message Jo55! I hope I don't have to wait too long for my appointment with Dr. Ahn and he is helpful to me and my pain situation! jacque63
jacque63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:14 PM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

We have some good threads on deposition / pain questions, which may help you if you do a search...actually, just a few pages ago I think...

But also, Ahn is one of the TOP DOCS, well known, so for the most part, PLEASE RELAX and HAVE FAITH. What worries me for ALL of us, is that ALL of the doctors seem to downplay the level of our pain. Whether it is because they don't understand, and think that TOS is an arm issue - rather than acknowledging the entire neuro aspect to some of our TOS condition - or, that they don't want to think that their surgeries don't "cure." I think it is important, if applicable, to remind them that it is NERVE pain, not ortho pain, which has levels that can go beyond the sky!!!

Be honest, listen to his questions if he has any and try to focus your answer to him - (this is what I always get chewed out by the docs for, giving long narratives and going all over the place...haha) - also, this kind of goes without saying, and you and everyone probably already know this, but don't say anything negative about another doc, or work comp, or insurance, even if this doc does - just say nothing if a statement is made, because it can be a set-up question. Sometimes they are looking for malingerers, crazies, and general malcontents. So great - how does one NOT come off as that, when we are in so much pain? It's not easy, but I think the people who walk in very angry - and I've seen them for years in past court rooms, and saw how the judges and doctors just didn't like them and it did result in some negative reports / rulings.

THEN RELAX, cuz I have a strong feeling that everything will turn out ok, and that you are in good hands.

Hey, would you take a look at my post, "who has had TOS the longest?" cuz I think you get the cupcake with a candle...(just joking, I hope you get the humor.) I am very, very sorry actually that you've been sick so long, and had such a hard time of it. I don't understand why we have to have this TOS...
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote