Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 02:55 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Important Information for the Safe Use of Fentanyl (Patch) Dec 21 07

http://www.docguide.com/news/content...=Pain&count=10
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 AM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sandel,

This is good info. here.

I used the patch when I first got the RSD. Within 6 hours I was throwing my guts up. I know it's some strong stuff.

This reminds me of the man in California a couple of years ago that killed himself with them.

It's good that meds are out there that work for people but a person has to be really careful with them.

I actually feel safer with my Methadone then anything I have taken but I do know it didn't work for others. Of course it doesn't make me sick like all of the others did and a lower dosage works for me.

You find some great info for everyone here.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:49 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks sandra.
This is always good to know. I just started on the patch last month and it is still making me confused, dizzy at times, but getting much needed relief. I have been on the 60 mg. of the Morphine time released pills, but I was still getting a lot of pain, so I am now on these. I would never try to put on more of the patches than one, as the one takes care of all the pain. When I first started using this patch, I thought.. this isn't working! Then around the 3rd. day, I was in so much pain free days, that it is good to have. Just don't carry it around people you know who are druggies or they will steal these off of you the patch says, or something like that. (It's printed on the info inside the box on a long sheet) Just use as prescribed and like Ada said; you provide us with so much good information, so, I too want to thank you!~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Info on Fentanyl

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for posting us all the great information that you find that helps us out so much. You are a Godsend!

I thank you for the information on Fentanyl. I have been using Fentanyl for over two years now and it does help me with pain. Because I know so much about the patch I have found over the years that so many doctors just give it out to whomever they feel it will work but the main thing is you must be taking opiates for awhile before taking the patch. These doctors just give it out to people that have not taken opiates for their illness and the patients are having lots of problems taking it. I have told two close friends to contact their doctors and tell them to give them something else for pain...one friend's son was given it and he was 11 years old for hernia pain. The kid was flying and then started vomitting and felt the room spinning. I told her to contact the doctor and he was helped but it makes me wonder why these doctors are not paying attention to whom can have this med and whom can not. They are just thinking "This patient has alot of pain and I'll put him on Fentanyl to help him." Scary scenario. I am just amazed how dangerous it is and how doctors treat it like it were candy. People taking prescriptions really have to read all the brochures and go online before they take the meds because doctors are not telling people everything they need to know even about heating sources speeding up the Fentanyl release. Amazing to me.

I hope you and everyone here had as best a holiday season as they can. I pray for y'all each day.
Take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for that information

Hi Kathy.. long time my friend.. I hope chrismas went well for you and your son.. Thank you so much for that information, that'll be why my doc wont perscribe it for me.. I am intollerant of most narcotic drugs it seems.

How goes the ketamine wait? Any news on a date?

hugs RSD twin lol
miss you,
Sandy
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote