Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I) and Causalgia (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)(RSD and CRPS)

advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Arm Swelling Is Down!

Hello Friends!

Went for the MRI of my C-Spine yesterday (5:45 a.m.) in preparation for my first S.G.Block.

Then went for my O/T and P/T in the afternoon. I had a feeling my arm and deflated (ha ha) some. She confirmed that my forearm is half an inch smaller than it was two weeks ago.

I've been taking the Grape Seed Extract, was wearing the compression stocking. Trying to fit as many antioxidants as possible over the last few weeks. Nightly Epson Salt Baths etc.

I'm not sure what exactly worked, maybe it was the combination of everything.

Either way...THANK YOU ALL!

advertisement
Old 12-29-2007, 05:01 PM #2
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

good news GHL! praying that it continues.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:09 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default WooHoo..

Very kool.. I am so glad your swelling is down obviously it is working for you, it did for me too, a combination of all perhaps.

You are a very good patient lol and I hope you get excelent results with your SGB, keep up the therapy as perscribed lol.. expecialy the antioxadents during block time.

hugz hon,
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:04 AM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi there,
I am so glad that the swelling on your arm is down.
Take care and keep us posted
Thanks
ALISON
Old 12-31-2007, 09:34 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am new to this. I have had diagnosed CRPS II for just over a year. What antioxidants are recommended for this medical condition other than the vitamin C I have been reading all about? Thanks.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Coffeebean,
I am so sorry about everything that you are going through. I would strongly suggest taking Grape Seed Extract (gse). GSE is good for you and it CAN also help with your swelling from the RSD. You can get GSE from most herbalists
Hope this helps
Love
Alison
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alison, do you take grape seed extract? I will buy a bottle this week and give it a try. Is it like a vitamin?
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:41 AM #8
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

hi there,
Yes I used to take grape seed extract. It took the swelling down for about a month and then the swelling came back. I have heard that it is very good for some people, Vicc, Sandel and GreyHoundLover takes Grape Seed Extract and they say that it is very good.
This is a website about GSE http://nccam.nih.gov/health/grapeseed/
I hope the website helps you
Please let us know how you get on with it
Thanx
Alison
Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up here's a bit of info..

Hello there..

Antioxadents come from various other sources as well, green tea has alot, white tea has more and red tea [Rooibos tea] has alot more antioxadents then both of the above teas.Rooibos tea is also naturaly decafinated and tastes good, not bitter because there is very little tannin in it, it's my favorite drink and I drink alotof it.

Vegtables always a great way to get your antioxadents, if they are dark in color or bright in colors, brockly, spinich, cale, sweet potatoe, carrots, red and green peppers.. all the darker colors.
Same with fruit.. Blueberrys, pomagranits, bilberry, wolfberrygrapes, apples, oranges, ectra..

For me it has become a lifestyle choice, I also try to follow the 4 F's RSD diet I eat mostly fruit, fiber (vegies), fish and foul (what a name for a food eh).
Its the other part of the diet I have a problem avoiding the 4 C's.. lol

Epsom salt soaking, it helps us by acting as an osmotic agent, extracting the poisonous and irritative chemicals from the involved extremity through the skin. In addition, the magnesium in itself acts as a calcium channel blocker which helps reduce the pain, inflammation, edema and breakdown of tissues.
The magnesium enters into the body profusely and acts as a calcium channel blocker. Aparently the calcium channel blocker effect of the magnesium can also prevent stroke, heart attack, and seizures. (can be used as enema for better absorption but check with your doc)

All of the above is good for us and non invasive.. we may as well be doing something for ourselves to counteract some of these RSD symptoms. Personaly I think every invasive treatment I have had has made me a little worse, but thats me.. I am taking things into my own hands now and it is helping me alot, both my symptoms and my feel good factor, I am taking charge of my own well being and it is a feeling of impowerment.. of getting back some control over whats happening to me.. to know that I CAN make a diffrence is huge.

A good new years resolution would be to follow this recipie for a few months then decide.. a better new years resolution would be to stick with this.. lol
For me its the 4 bad C's I have to work on avioding, cake, cafine, chocolat, and something else good no doubt.. lol

Hugs you all and happy new year
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart I agree

I totally agree with you Sandel!

Sometimes taking things into our own hands and trying things we are comfortable with seems like the only route to take with this. I know that I have gotten more helpful information from this forum than any doctor has been able to provide. Why? Because everyone here has lived with these symptoms and know what has worked for them. Not everything will work for everyone, I understand this. But so far everything suggested on here, plus my ambition to heal has helped a great deal.

I also realize there are people on here that have great ambition that have tried everything and nothing seems to help. For you, my heart goes out.

Also, what might work for me today, might not work for me tomorrow. "Day by day"...is all I can keep saying to myself.

I know that having people I can turn to here and help if I can is a major comfort and I'm so thankful for you all!