Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM #1
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default My Son's Gonna Make A Fine Husband One Day!!

OK - I have to brag a bit. My youngest son, Kevin, is going to make some girl a great husband some day.

How do I know this you ask? Well, last night after supper he said "here, let me clean up the dishes."

OK - I said (wondering who this boy was and what he had done with Kevin)!!

I went off to do something else - I've forgotten now what it was - and came back later to find the kitchen spotless. Wow - what a kid. It was late and I didn't pay much attention - just a quick look around.

This morning when I got ready to take my shower I noticed that my Oil of Olay Body Wash was missing. Knowing that it had been there the previous morning I went to hunt it down. It was not in the other bathroom - where could it be???

I was on a mission to find my body wash! I got my daily meds and headed to the kitchen for a drink and what was sitting on the sink?? My Oil of Olay Body Wash!!!

Apparently we had run out of dish detergent - so my son used my body wash to wash last nights dishes!!! I wondered why they felt so silky smooth!!

So, I regain my composure after seeing the body wash/dish detergent and open the fridge to get the OJ so I could take my pills. There sits a wad of foil wrap that is holding one lonely piece of garlic bread. This piece of foil measured at least three feet long. Took me three minutes just to unwrap the piece of bread to see what it was!!

Bless his heart - I'm not ragging on him. I'm so thankful to have a son who has it in his heart to try and help me whenever he can. Both my boys do - Kevin just lives at home with me so he has more opportunities.

I just thought it was funny and wanted to share it with ya'll!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Foggy Brain (01-22-2008), GladysD (01-22-2008), sugarboo (01-22-2008)

advertisement
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
OK - I have to brag a bit. My youngest son, Kevin, is going to make some girl a great husband some day.

How do I know this you ask? Well, last night after supper he said "here, let me clean up the dishes."

OK - I said (wondering who this boy was and what he had done with Kevin)!!

I went off to do something else - I've forgotten now what it was - and came back later to find the kitchen spotless. Wow - what a kid. It was late and I didn't pay much attention - just a quick look around.

This morning when I got ready to take my shower I noticed that my Oil of Olay Body Wash was missing. Knowing that it had been there the previous morning I went to hunt it down. It was not in the other bathroom - where could it be???

I was on a mission to find my body wash! I got my daily meds and headed to the kitchen for a drink and what was sitting on the sink?? My Oil of Olay Body Wash!!!

Apparently we had run out of dish detergent - so my son used my body wash to wash last nights dishes!!! I wondered why they felt so silky smooth!!

So, I regain my composure after seeing the body wash/dish detergent and open the fridge to get the OJ so I could take my pills. There sits a wad of foil wrap that is holding one lonely piece of garlic bread. This piece of foil measured at least three feet long. Took me three minutes just to unwrap the piece of bread to see what it was!!

Bless his heart - I'm not ragging on him. I'm so thankful to have a son who has it in his heart to try and help me whenever he can. Both my boys do - Kevin just lives at home with me so he has more opportunities.

I just thought it was funny and wanted to share it with ya'll!!
I am laughing so hard.....men! Yes, he did have his heart in it!

My youngest will help me out when he visits. He is older than yours and still single, but he does know how to clean up.

Now if he can just remember his stuff when he travels. He always leaves his razor behind. I'm sure the shaving companies love him; he keeps them in business!

Tootsie
Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM #3
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

LOL Thanks for sharing this Kitty! My son is related to yours I think! LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM #4
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

hey kelly...how old is he? i have a pretty cute teenage daughter....... just don't her to make peanut butter cookies...last time she mixed up teaspoons and tablespoons... needless to say those where baking soda cookies.

he sounds like a doll.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kelly,

Brag away, you should - those boys are great - I was always glad I had a boy because I don't know how to handle little girls - I'm a tomboy myself.

I remember Chris doing laundry for me - the first load was whites so I explained about putting the bleach in - guess what, he didn't ask how to do the next load (darks) and of course put bleach in - I couldn't help but laugh at all our pink items.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:17 PM #6
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_HOLLAND View Post
Kelly,

Brag away, you should - those boys are great - I was always glad I had a boy because I don't know how to handle little girls - I'm a tomboy myself.

I remember Chris doing laundry for me - the first load was whites so I explained about putting the bleach in - guess what, he didn't ask how to do the next load (darks) and of course put bleach in - I couldn't help but laugh at all our pink items.

LOL - I know!! It's not worth getting upset over - they're just trying to help. And the first time WE tried something I'm sure it wasn't perfect, either.

I'm just happy to have him here with me - if he makes a mess or does something another way than I would have done it then so be it. I'm not stressin' about it!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:19 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Oh Kelly! That is sooo funny! Ya gotta love em! You know I live in a house with 3 man\boys including the dh.

Here's a funny story about my dh when we first got married (he was 22):

We were moving into this really crappy apartment and the carpets needed cleaned. One day while I was at work he had a brilliant idea to rent a shampooer to do the carpets. He looked around the apartment for some type of cleaning product to use in the machine. He decided (on his own of course) to use MURPHY'S OIL SOAP! OMG!! I had to go out and rent a steam cleaner and do all of the carpeting 3 times with a degreaser!

He meant well LOL! It is definitely the thought that counts. We still laugh about it all of the time.

We are so lucky to have our guys in our lives!

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is what I love about thread's like this - I have to change my mood now because it made me smile and think about good things not always this darn MonSter!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kelly,

What a great story and I so enjoyed my laugh. He gets and A plus plus from me for effort but I am concerned how that juice tasted.
putterfit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:43 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OMGosh!!! He really will make a great hubby someday!!! Keep up the great work, mommy

Your post put the biggest smile on my face...much needed

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote