ALS For support and discussion of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease." In memory of BobbyB.

advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

Welcome to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Web site.
The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System is a cooperative program for vaccine safety of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). VAERS is a post-marketing safety surveillance program, collecting information about adverse events (possible side effects) that occur after the administration of US licensed vaccines.
This Web site provides a nationwide mechanism by which adverse events following immunization (AEFI) may be reported, analyzed and made available to the public. The VAERS Web site also provides a vehicle for disseminating vaccine safety-related information to parents/guardians, healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, state vaccine programs and other constituencies.

Because of a recent posting on a study concerning aluminum hydroxide I started looking at some information I had found previously. I found the following statement which was released by the FDA and can be found in its entirety here

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Two comments to the docket reported amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) following administration of AVA. This brings to a total of three patient reports to VAERS of a diagnosis of ALS following administration of AVA. The reports involved 1 female and 2 males, ages 27, 44, or 50 years old. Initial symptoms and interval relative to vaccination were reported as follows. One patient had right hand twitching l-2 months after her third dose of anthrax vaccine, and right upper extremity weakness approximately 1 month after her fourth dose. Another patient had an episode of being unable to stand after falling 3 days after his first dose of anthrax vaccine, and inability to stand on tiptoes. The third patient developed diarrhea, headaches, memory loss, low back pain, and foot drop, with symptoms beginning the same Spring as his fourth dose of anthrax vaccine. He developed bilateral lower extremity weakness approximately 22 months after his fourth dose. In these 3 ALS reports, the onset interval between vaccination and signs attributable to ALS varied or is difficult to assess. Also, the number of doses prior to onset varied. The reporting rate for ALS, based on 3 reports from approximately 1.3 million persons vaccinated with 5.3 million doses, is 0.23 per 100,000 persons or 0.057 per 100,000 doses. Estimates of the annual background incidence of ALS vary from 0.6 to 2.4 per 100,000 persons (J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1992;55: 1106-l 115 .). The incidence among Gulf War veterans has been reported as 0.43 per 100,000 persons per year and varied by deployment status (Neurology 2003;61:742-749). Background incidence rates per year are useful, but the optimal comparison period is not known and may be less than a year such as weeks or months. Considering all these factors and uncertainties, these reports of ALS do not provide significant support for causality by the anthrax vaccine.

I know for a fact that my data was not included in the database because I didn't know I needed to submit it until recently. I would have to believe this applies to veterans mostly but if anyone has been vaccinated with an immunization containing aluminum hydroxide such as anthrax, hepatitis A or B, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, meningitis, typhoid, Lyme, small pox please enter your data. This data was used in part to allow the mandatory Anthrax Vaccination Immunization Program to be reinstated in February 2007.

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) webpage can be found here.

The online data reporting form can be found here.

I filed my report yesterday and today I received a call from VAERS requesting additional information and telling me that a researcher has been assigned to my report and will be investigating further. They also wanted to contact my neurologist. For all I know this could be normal procedure but I kind of doubt it.

ALS/MND Registry

Last edited by BobbyB; 02-12-2008 at 04:31 PM.
BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Link

Evidence Vaccine aluminum linked to autism and other neurological disorders.

The effects of poisons can be quick or extremely slow - building gradually up creating low grade debilitation diseases like in chronic fatigue syndrome or devastating neurological disorders like MS, ALS , and Alzheimer’s disease. Though neurodegenerative disorders have several pathways in their creation but nothing will burn up a neuron faster than mercury. This is also the case for aluminum hydroxide, just to a lesser extent. Vancouver neuroscientist Dr. Chris Shaw just finished his research that shows a link between the aluminum hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ( ALS , or Lou
Gehrig’s disease), and Alzheimer’s.[i]

Vaccines show sinister side
By Pieta Woolley March 23, 2006

If two dozen once-jittery mice at UBC are telling the truth postmortem, the world’s governments may soon be facing one hell of a lawsuit. New, so-far-unpublished research led by Vancouver neuroscientist Chris Shaw shows a link between the aluminum hydroxide used in vaccines, and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease), and Alzheimer’s.

Shaw is most surprised that the research for his paper hadn’t been done before. For 80 years, doctors have injected patients with aluminum hydroxide, he said, an adjuvant that stimulates immune response.

“This is suspicious,” he told the Georgia Straight in a phone interview from his lab near Heather Street and West 12th Avenue. “Either this [link] is known by industry and it was never made public, or industry was never made to do these studies by Health Canada. I’m not sure which is scarier.”

Similar adjuvants are used in the following vaccines, according to Shaw’s paper: hepatitis A and B, and the Pentacel cocktail, which vaccinates against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, and a type of meningitis.

To test the link theory, Shaw and his four-scientist team from UBC and Louisiana State University injected mice with the anthrax vaccine developed for the first Gulf War. Because Gulf War Syndrome looks a lot like ALS, Shaw explained, the neuroscientists had a chance to isolate a possible cause. All deployed troops were vaccinated with an aluminum hydroxide compound. Vaccinated troops who were not deployed to the Gulf developed similar symptoms at a similar rate, according to Shaw.

After 20 weeks studying the mice, the team found statistically significant increases in anxiety (38 percent); memory deficits (41 times the errors as in the sample group); and an allergic skin reaction (20 percent). Tissue samples after the mice were “sacrificed” showed neurological cells were dying. Inside the mice’s brains, in a part that controls movement, 35 percent of the cells were destroying themselves.

“No one in my lab wants to get vaccinated,” he said. “This totally creeped us out. We weren’t out there to poke holes in vaccines. But all of a sudden, oh my God-we’ve got neuron death!”

At the end of the paper, Shaw warns that “whether the risk of protection from a dreaded disease outweighs the risk of toxicity is a question that demands our urgent attention.”

http://ronanjames.wordpress.com/2008/02/10/interesting/

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote