Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 PM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Today at Beth Israel Hospital

I just wanted to give you guys a good laugh. My husband was operated on last week at Beth Israel in NYC. Today was the one week follow-up.

Alan and I are in the ortho guy’s waiting room.

Alan is sitting in his wheelchair. A woman comes around in her wheelchair and parks herself next to Alan.

Something goes flying in the air and underneath Alan’s wheelchair. We both started to reach for it, when she screams “my TEETH, my TEETH, and sure enough her TEETH are underneath Alan’s wheelchair. I didn’t touch them. She said ‘No, please let me get them”

I did.

Then a couple rolls up and the lady is in yet another wheelchair. We started chatting because we were all waiting for our access-a-ride pickups. We had a LONG wait!!!

So we passed the time chatting.

The guy was a friendly chatty guy.

Then he walks over to Alan (just try and picture this in your head). And he goes to Alan, ‘oh, I do imitations, have you ever heard of Cary Grant?” (Now who on earth has NOT heard of Cary Grant??). ALAN, THAT’S WHO!!! But he’s polite and says “oh sure’.

The guy starts doing CARY GRANT, right there in the waiting room.

Then he starts doing Jimmy Stewart, and then .........he starts to imitate Rod Steiger.
So what does Alan say? “Oh, I loved Rod Steiger, he was so good in the Twilight Zone”

I said “no, you ninny, that’s Rod Serling”.

And just now, Alan said “I know who Cary Grant is, he’s from Gone with the Wind”. I said: “No, that’s Clark Gable”. Then he said ‘you know what picture I liked Cary Grant in (get ready for this one). I said “oh, do tell”. And he goes “what the hell was the name of that movie, when he was stuck on an island with a woman and they had to wait to get rescued??” I’m trying to remember ANY Cary Grant movie where he is stuck on an island with a woman and waiting to get rescued. So he goes “You know the movie, they were on an Island”. And he goes “wait, I got it, ‘DAY OF THE DOLPHIN!!!!

I just looked at him and said “you have got to be kidding, that was with George C. Scott”. And he says “oh, I get them mixed up!!!!

WAIT THERE’S MORE.

We go downstairs to wait for our access-a-ride pick up (now remember we are in New York City, where obviously NOTHING BOTHERS ANYONE, right?

Guess what passes us by on the sidewalk A SAMURAI WARRIOR. Complete with big long blade hanging on his side, full regalia, etc. And this headgear thing on top of his head.

I have never seen a man from Shogun walking on the sidewalk so I go “oh my god” Alan is going “Holy ****, that guy is from Vietnam”. “VIETNAM” ??????????????????

And no one else is giving him a second look. I guess people from Shogun are walking on the sidewalks of NYC all the time.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-01-2008), FinLady (03-01-2008), KarenMarie (02-29-2008), karousel (02-29-2008), Twinkletoes (02-29-2008)

advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You've gotta love people! They keep you laughing. Maybe this guy needs to be discovered. Your husband could be his side kick, like 'George and Gracie.' Say "Goodnight, George." Wait! He may not know who they are. Only in New York....!
bluemoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

oh gosh, you had me laughing at EVERYTHING!

and there is a movie with Cary Grant and Audry Hepburn when they were marooned on an island. Just cannot remember its name.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 PM #4
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have looked all over just to see if there was a movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn marooned on an island and I CAN'T FIND IT.

He did make a movie called Father Goose but that was with Leslie Caron.

Any movie buffs out there?? I'm sure that my husband is all confused because he doesn't know movie stars.

He still can't tell the difference between Kurt Russell and Patrick Swayze. I mean pullleeeeeze!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Old 03-01-2008, 04:39 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The only thing I could find is a movie called "My Favorite Wife", but it is Cary Grant's wife who is marooned on an island with another dude for seven years and then returns. Sounds like it could be funny.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
I have looked all over just to see if there was a movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn marooned on an island and I CAN'T FIND IT.

He did make a movie called Father Goose but that was with Leslie Caron.

Any movie buffs out there?? I'm sure that my husband is all confused because he doesn't know movie stars.

He still can't tell the difference between Kurt Russell and Patrick Swayze. I mean pullleeeeeze!!!!
yeah, it was "Father Goose" and I got the leading lady wrong.

Audrey Hepburn was always playing parts with much older leading men, right? I can only really recall "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "My Fair Lady." I think she was in the original "Sabrina" too.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 AM #7
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Yup Sabrina with William Holden and Humphrey Bogart (I think it was Humphrey).

You know, when I think of Humphrey Bogart's first name, I say HUMPHREY!!! Who the heck names a baby Humphrey?? I wonder if that was his stage name or his real name. I have to go to my favorite website which is The Internet Movie Database. You have no idea how much information is on that site. You can type in any movie, any actor or actress, and ALL THE INFO COMES UP. with message boards and spoilers and behind the scenes.

It's a good website.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY