Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 AM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Please explain this Spitzer thing to me!!!

Actually, it's not for me. It's for Alan. We have been watching tv. And we know what happened.

Alan wants to know. "How much did he pay the prostitute?" I looked it up and it said "$4300 (just an amount, but let's stick with this one, okay). Let's say, he handed her $4300. Now where do the dummy corporations come in (QAT CONSULTING).

I told Alan "Well, he gave the prostitute $4300 and he gives the agents who made the connection, well he gives them more money".

He says "No, that's wrong". Alan thinks that Eliot Spitzer gave the prostitue something like $200 and all the other money goes to the Prostitution ring.

Now if anyone can break this down (believe me I tried looking this up amid all the hoopla about this stuff on the internet, yahoo). I simply can't find how the whole thing works.

Who gets what??

From reading what you have been reading about Eliot Spitzer, can you please break this down. For example. "Eliot Spitzer gave the prostitute .....????

And he did a wire transfer to the Dummy Corporations in the amount of ????

I mean, I read where some of these Diamond Girls are worth $32,000. But who, in fact gets the $32,000??

So come on, my smart friends, anyone break this down???

Thanks much.

Melody..

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The way I understood it, the prostitute got the $4200 AND he paid for her travel accross state lines. I imagine the prostitute then pays her 'head hunter' fees, of which, who knows how much. These high end hookers make a ton of cash for PRIVACY....LOL!!

PS: Can you imagine how his wife feels? This happened on Feb 13th...so....did she get sloppy seconds for Valentines day? OHHH...The NERVE!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM #3
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Naughty boy.
Got caught.
Went home.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soxmom (03-13-2008)
Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

They 'splained it in the paper today:

He pays the "consulting company" the amount of the lady and her travel expenses. The consulting company sends the lady and pays her and Spitzer can giver her a tip if she does a good job. Just like Merrimaids. Apparently, he has a credit left over from the $4300 for future use.

The people set the company as a consulting firm so people can use company money or in in Spitzers case govt money - it's not proved exactly where his money came from. And, nobody suspects anything.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 AM #5
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

If I told Alan what you just wrote, he would say to me "but exactly how much does everybody get??"

So I figure it this way. This diamond hooker person cost $5000. Eliot Spitzer wired $5000 to the Qat Consulting firm (as a dummy corp, right). Then when the hooker arrives, Eliot could give her whatever he wanted to give her as a tip. Let's say he gave her $500 as a tip. She keeps the $500, right??

And the Qat firm got the whole $5000.

Is this a fair representation of what went down??

Oh, and here's my spin on the wife. She a BIG DISSERVICE TO EVERY FEMALE AND HER OWN 3 DAUGHTERS. This guy was the Govenor of NY, her husband for 21 years and shamed her in front of the whole nation.

What would I have done? I would have gone to the Beauty Parlor, got a facial, a body wax, a full pedicure, manicure, the works. I would have put on the best darn outfit I could have mustered up.

I would have had my hair done professionally. To put it simply, I would have looked my best. I would have looked the best that money could buy.

I would have stood next to Eliot Spitzer as he said his stupid resignation speech. As he walked away from the microphone, I would have quietly walked over to the microphone and said:

Oh, Eliot, I have one more thing to add: "Screw you, I'm outta here, and you're outta my life".

You better believe, every single female watching the tv, would have gotten up and shouted HURRAY!!!!

But the men rule, and she didn't do what she should have done for womankind ALL OVER!!!

I was sitting in the physical therapy room watching this with all the people. Every single woman in that place was mumbling under her breath. "Why is she there, why isn't she coming forth and blasting him".

Why indeed???

Alan said "She was paid a lot of money to say NOTHING!!!!"

I replied "there isn't enough money in the whole world that could have stopped me from saying what I wanted to say". I mean, she had the attention of the whole world. That was her moment to step up to the plate.

The guy cheated for 10 years.

BAH HUMBUG!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (03-16-2008), sugarboo (03-13-2008)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:31 AM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

MelodyL, I didn't see his speech but you made me mad. I mean, I agree with you & am mad/upset with his wife.

greenjeans, Thats sorta what I think too. The guy pays the head hunter's decided fees & the girl gets gives the $ to the 'headhunter' & is paid by the 'head hunter' for her ...ummm time. The 'headhunter' decides who gets how much & the girl probably doesn't get much. I suppose the guy can tip the girl. I think if she didn't give the 'headhunter' the $, he would no longer find 'work' for her. ....... Heck, I don't know. This is sick
lor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 AM #7
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Oh, and here's my spin on the wife. She a BIG DISSERVICE TO EVERY FEMALE AND HER OWN 3 DAUGHTERS. This guy was the Govenor of NY, her husband for 21 years and shamed her in front of the whole nation.

What would I have done? I would have gone to the Beauty Parlor, got a facial, a body wax, a full pedicure, manicure, the works. I would have put on the best darn outfit I could have mustered up.

I would have had my hair done professionally. To put it simply, I would have looked my best. I would have looked the best that money could buy.

I would have stood next to Eliot Spitzer as he said his stupid resignation speech. As he walked away from the microphone, I would have quietly walked over to the microphone and said:

Oh, Eliot, I have one more thing to add: "Screw you, I'm outta here, and you're outta my life".
She's a smart lady - she'll have her say but right now I'm sure she's getting her "financial ducks" in a row. I would. I'd quietly go to my attorney and have divorce papers drawn up and take the guy to the cleaners. Right now, an emotional response is not going to get her what she needs in the long run. If she plays her cards right she will be set for life. She didn't lose much - I mean, who's gonna want him now?? I feel sorry for the daughter's who have GOT to be mortified.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (03-13-2008)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This thread is awesome. Love hearing you ladies' take on it.

Always outnumbered...
Never outgunned

*I* am the MonSter that MS fears
MooseasaurusRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree Melody! Talk about pulic humiliation....I'd be publically humiliating him all the way to the poor house! These self-rightous leaders who diddle in private and then talk or act like they are above reproach make me ill!

I imagine she is standing silently for her kids sake....but not sure I agree with her....she's between a rock and a hard spot for sure.

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just have to say "A silent woman is a dangerous woman" (atleast in my case)

I'm really hoping she is just waiting for her moment to speak.

All I know is if I were in her position my husband or whatever the home life, as in not on camera would be ugly.

I used to tell my ex-husband "you have to sleep sometime"
kellijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-17-2008)