Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM #1
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Talking Almost spring - TOS check in time

Hey it's been kind of quiet around here lately..
I haven't done a check in thread for quite awhile so I thought it was a good time to do it.

Just wondering how everyone is doing??

advertisement
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been outside on the deck! It has been bright and sunshiny here. Hope everyone is well.
I am patiently (haha) waiting to get a call for my next CT scan. The surgeon and the neuro I just saw both believe that I have a lot of scar tissue, and that is the cause of the recurrence of my symptoms after surgery.
trixlynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm here....the WC doctor says I've reached MMI without even an official diagnosis. I was shocked when I got up to the checkout desk and found that he had also released me to go back to work full duty with no restrictions. I am still very upset about this. On the bright side, I did talk to Dr. Sanders on the phone (What a wonderful doctor!) and he thinks from what we talked about on the phone that I do indeed have TOS as well as pec minor problems. While I certainly don't want these conditions, it did make me feel a lot better to be taken seriously. Also, the Dept. of Labor ruled in my favor that they have to pay me WC....now I'm just waiting on a check and then my attorney said he will proceed with making the arrangements for me to see another doctor.
KLS2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:44 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

halllloooooo out there!

yes, definitely been quiet lately.

i am quietly going on about things and doing OK. Saw a rheumy last week who thought maybe i had fibro, and is doing a general rhemy workup to see if anything shows. I still have very low overall energy, and a lot of back pain which has been unaffected by the surgeries, but my arms aren't so terribly bad.

started working out, if you can really call it that... one time around the block each day walking at a moderate pace. it takes me 6 minutes. mext week i'll add a few minutes to that, and each successive week the same till i am up to 25 minutes.

last time i started working out i started at 10 minutes and went up 5 per week and it was too much by the time i got to 20/25 ish, so that's whyt i decided to go so slow this time.

well, that about wraps it up.

thinking about you all fondly even when i am not around

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:20 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Im here! I've just been SO busy lately. Hope all of you are doing well.
mtnmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi all, towelhorse here, i have a new job, my Tos is the best it has been for 7years, my new job does not stress my r shoulder as the old one did, i have just tiled the kitchen floor, something which would not have been possible a year ago.
my major discomfort is because i sleep mostly on my other shoulder. i use my shoulder brace all day and i have just bought an upper back massaging machine which does a great job of loosening that area. only med is one to stop the chest breathing. regards Towelhorse
towelhorse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (07-28-2015), Jomar (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart hi all

Hi guys

been busy doing stupid things like cleaning and being depressed and in a lot of pain....hence the absence....sorry....miss chatting with ya'll.

I just had family visiting and had to keep the place up to my usual standards...pre tos of course.....DH says I am either faking it or can't make good decisions....he knows which one it is and is making a good point!! ....like DON'T DO IT IDIOT but I do......

hope spring treats you all well.....we just got a couple of inches of snow.....lovely melty snow.

love and hugs to you alll,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 AM #8
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Victoria, You must have read my mind- I was just thinking about you the other day..
sorry you've been having a rough time though.

Have you ever tried those special lights? the kind for seasonal affective disorder?{SAD}
I wonder if some of it is from the lack of sunshine?

I know I feel perked up, renewed and refreshed after a sunny day - we have a nice amount of windows facing south and our patio is protected from the wind and faces south also.

We're working on a plan to make a solar heat/sunroom and add some kind of solar water heating system.

And towelhorse,
good to hear you are doing better.

Last edited by Jomar; 03-31-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:44 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Guys.

I've been trying to get life to normal now that my son is back in school. I have to drive him and pick him up because he isn't ready for the bus yet. He doesn't want to wear his cast because he says it hurts. We have had many fights about that. I'll check with the doctor. We have come so far in 4 1/2 months that I don't want to see anything happen.

My TOS was not worsend by my drive to Disney (thank God). I still have the same level of pain but at least not worse.

I hope this spring finds everyone feeling better. I always love this time of year when you open windows and listen to the birds.

Enjoy! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-02-2008)
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been meaning to post on this thread but just keep forgetting. The last couple of days have been pretty miserable and every time I get on the computer I get frustrated and just quit. I have not been feeling well at all and my headaches are getting worse. The doctors know that something serious is going on and they need to find the problem. They seem to think that I have multiple things going on. I have bilateral TOS and the right side is not completely better since surgery... and now they feel I have something serious going on with the cervical spine. Some thing is going on at the nerves because it is affecting my left leg and foot... I am also having some bladder issues as well. I have trouble going to the bathroom even though I need to go. There is a nerve compression somewhere and I just hope you find it and can fix it without going through another major surgery. It's spring and I'm bummed! It doesn't look like I'm going to have a very fun spring and summer this year... I thought by having surgery in January that I would be better by now at least somewhat... guess I was wrong. I am trying to pull myself together and hope for the best... guess that's all I can do at this point. I would love so much to be outside doing gardening, bike riding, walking, etc but instead I'm stuck in the house... just me and my pillows!

I hope most of you are feeling better and having pain-free days. Take care!

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote