Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 07:18 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default April Fools Day

Hi everyone.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread regarding April fools day. Tell us a funny prank that you did or someone did to you. I will start.

Allthough I thought it hilarious at the time my dh didn't speak to me the rest of the day. Of course he laughed later LOL

March 31,2006 we went to bed about 10:30 pm. DH set the alarm clock and fell asleep.

He gets up at 5:30 am for work. Anyway when I knew he was sleeping I reset the clock. His alarm went off at 1:30 A.M

He got up complaining how tired he was He went in the bathroom started the shower and turned on the radio

As he was singin his little heart out a commercial came on and then the DJ mentioned the time. 1:50 a.m.

All I heard was BETH!!!!! I am going to KILL you

I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. Anyway I have watched my back ever since

Whats your story???

Roadtrip Wannabe
Bannet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-31-2008), Darlene (04-01-2008), DM (03-31-2008), soxmom (03-31-2008), Victorya (03-31-2008)

advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 07:40 AM #2
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Teeth

It's not an April fools prank, just an everyday prank, but here's one from years ago that I thought was funny.

I shared office space with a co-worker for 10 years at a hospital, and we were very close. We played practical jokes on each other and occasionally shot each other with paper clips and rubber bands. At one time we had a problem with mice in our office, and she was very scared of them.

I created a mouse using the cotton from an aspirin bottle, colored it gray and attached a rubber band for the tail. While she was out to lunch, I placed the "mouse" under the cartridge of her typewriter.

My friend came back from lunch and started making phone calls. While she was on the phone she started to type, but something was wrong. She opened up her typewriter and lifted the cartridge.

My friend SCREAMED into the phone, then jumped completely over her desk. After she regained her composure from screaming, and I regained my composure from laughing, she said...."Let's go do this to Pam!"
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-31-2008), Bannet (03-31-2008), DM (03-31-2008), weegot5kiz (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM #3
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

as kids we thought it would be neat to prop an egg on the ice box door for when dad opened it down came egg or switch out salt with sugar and a whole array of items in the shoes ,as a dad I now see the errors of my ways omg and he didnt beat us :::::::::looking to the sky:::::::::::thanks dad

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-31-2008), DM (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I was about 12 I was at a friends house. Her dad was napping on the couch and we thought it would be funny to tie his shoe laces together.

When he woke he put both feet together on the floor as he got up,he fell face first on to the floor breaking his nose Oh man we got the heck out of there like real quick LOL

Roadtrip Wannabe
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:09 AM #5
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

omg lol u broke his nose that mans lawn would of been cut for a year at least lol i would of been in the next county before he had a chance to scream

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 AM #6
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Teeth

Yikes, Bannet

I used to work for the president of a turkey company in a 19-story building - we had the top 5 floors. I felt sorry for the receptionist on the 15th floor because she was never allowed to leave her station to take a lunch break. A group of us volunteered one day a week, and spent our lunch hour covering for her.

My boyfriend (now husband) worked at that company too.

He called while I was covering for the receptionist, and he disguised his voice. He told me there was a huge fire on the 16th floor and said the fire alarms didn't work. I panicked because the only instruction I could remember was to call the receptionist - on that day, it meant ME. I practically tore her station apart looking for further instructions on what to do - how to reach the fire department in that town and how to evacuate everyone from the building.

I was so thankful it wasn't a real fire. I made sure to find out what to do in case of fire before I covered for the receptionist again.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM #7
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You all are terrible! I would never do such things!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-31-2008), DM (04-01-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 AM #8
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Red face

AMN - My mouse-fearing friend had a healthy heart, and she used to leave fake spiders on my desk to watch my reaction (I used to be terrified of spiders). Our jobs were very stressful, and we had to deal with a lot of pain and loss - both at work and at home. We cared very much for each other, so it was our way of keeping each other alert and focused on our work. It was our twisted way of saying we care for each other. It's been 30 years, and I'm still friends with that woman.

I was thankful (afterward) my husband did that to me when I was covering for the receptionist. We could have been in real trouble if I hadn't bothered to learn what to do in case of a fire.

I've never tied anyone's shoelaces together, but that is supposedly a standard prank. Thanks to Bannet, I know NOW never to do that to someone.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM #9
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, here's my contribution AND YES IT'S MEAN!! but funny!!

My husband is Jewish and I'm Catholic. That means I know all about baptisms and he has no idea what a baptism ceremony entails.

For all of you who do not know this, when a baby is born and both parents are Catholic, after a few months, that baby is taken to the church, and people stand around the priest and the baby has a godmother and a godfather and the priests takes some essential oils and some cotton balls and he says prayers and he takes the holy water from a fountain, (the child is not immersed in the water), some religions take people to the ocean and immerse the person, but Roman Catholics, just go to the church and the priests takes his thumb and blesses the child's forehead and the godparents agree to take an active role in the child's religious training. And prayers are said.

Well, that is not exactly what I told Alan what would be happening at our son's Baptism.

Alan and I were laying in bed and I was telling him "Alan, the baby's baptism is coming up soon, and you have to play an active role". He says "me?? I'm Jewish, what do I do??"

I said the following: "You have to wear a symbolic white gown, with a hood". He says "I have to do WHAT???" I said: "Oh, yes, this is very important, and you walk down the aisle and you have to prostrate yourself on the floor with your arms spread wide, with your face down on the ground, in humility"

Alan looks at me and says (dead serious). "you have to be out of your mind"

I said (also, in dead seriousness) "Well, you agreed that he would be raised in my faith because your family has nothing to do with us, so you have to follow the rules....well you did agree!!!!"

Alan looks at me and says "okay, go on".

So I'm continuing: "After you get up, you are still wearing the white robe and you have to go over to the priest and you take the baby and you dunk him in the water". Alan looks at me like I have lost my mind and says: "Are you telling me that I have to dunk my son in the water"???

And I said 'Oh absolutely, we've been doing it this way for years, it washes away all his sins". Alan said "But what if I drop him, what if something goes wrong, what if he drowns?"

I then said "well, that happens sometimes, but not often".

He gets up from the bed and starts yelling "no one is dunking my son in any water, let alone me". I started to laugh out loud and I yelled "GOTCHA"

He just looks at me and says "tell me again, I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR ANY GOWN AND LAY ON THE FLOOR, RIGHT??"

I said "you don't have to do anything.

I never saw a guy so happy in all his life.

NOW TELL ME YOU CAN BEAT THAT STORY!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-31-2008), bluemoon (04-01-2008), Darlene (04-01-2008), KathyM (03-31-2008)
Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post

You all are terrible! I would never do such things!

Roadtrip Wannabe