Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Pregnant man on Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday

Well....I knew it would eventually happen and it did.

Here's his photo:

http://mp3-nonstop.com/blog/2008/03/...ie-knocked-up/

You should have seen my husband's face when I brought him over to the tv and explained "this is a pregnant man" and Alan says" "no way" and I said; WAY!!!

Seems the guy was born a woman named Tracy. He won beauty pageants. However his gender was wrong, and he took steps to correct this.

He took testosterone, which grea his beard and facial hair. He has muscles. He had a double mastectomy and they repositioned his nipples.

He always wanted to have his own child, so he never had his reproduction organs removed - so he had a womb.

Because he legally changed his gender, he legally got married to his wife 5 years ago. He got pregnant (using a sperm donor) last year, and had a miscarriage.

So this time, they got some sperm from a sperm bank, and his wife inseminated him with a syringe that she got from the vet's office. It took on the first try (I believe it was on the first try).

So he became pregnant. They even have a photo of him (he looks like a man), with a big stomach.

But the kicker was when Oprah was trying to ask him how they live as man and wife. The expression on her face was priceless.

It seems that years ago he took testosterone and her clitoris GREW into a penis. So he tells Oprah "I have a small penis". Well, I made my husband come over to the tv and watch the thing with me and he got the heebie jeebies, and said "I have now heard everything"."Oh my God".

I said 'what??? it's 2008, did you really think you would never hear of a pregnant man??" and he said "Melody, in all my life, I never would have expected to see this".

And it seems their neighbors do not know of this. WELL THEY KNOW NOW DON'T THEY??

They finally found an OBGYN to take care of his pregnancy. They showed the ultrasound and everything. They are having a girl. He will be the father and she will be the mother.

Honestly, (and this is only my opinion), I bet every woman in this planet would love to have THEIR MAN GIVE BIRTH FOR THEM. No more labor, no stretch marks.

Sounds good to me!!! What do you all think??

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-05-2008), Twinkletoes (04-04-2008)

advertisement
Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 AM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

So men can be pregnant, women can grow a penis, but they can't cure MS!?!?
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-04-2008), AZjanie (04-05-2008), JessieSue (04-04-2008), Jodylee (04-06-2008), Kitty (04-04-2008), sabimax (04-04-2008), Twinkletoes (04-04-2008), weegot5kiz (04-07-2008)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM #3
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I hear you!!!!

They need to stop fooling around with genetically altering humans, and start pouring more money into research in neurological diseases.

But if you were to go over to a transgender forum, I bet you would hear the opposite.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:58 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question why does

why does everyone refer to him as a "man".... he is a transexual.

He is a genetic female!

I would worry with all that testosterone would be doing to a fetus?
Masculinized female children have very unhappy confused lives.

This transexual must still have her/his ovaries as well as a uterus? How else would this transexual have enough progesterone to support a pregnancy? Are artificial hormones being given to support it? This person had periods too? As a transexual? Must have!

Totally confusing and MAJORLY confusing to the general public which typically does not understand reproduction physiology!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluemoon (04-04-2008), DM (04-04-2008), Jomar (04-04-2008), momXseven (04-04-2008)
Old 04-04-2008, 10:20 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well i taped however i will have to pick a time to watch it. my brain just won't wrap the thought of a man who is really a woman i suppose giving birth.

if he/she choose to be a man then by all means "be a man" but to play with genetics and bring a child in this world under those circumstances imho is treating a fetus like a lab rat.just because we have modern technology doesn't give us the right to play God and for something so personel, or at least should be to be televised speaks volumes to me. bless this little girls heart.

this new show they made for tv land..........the one and only channel i can trust to leave on for my grandchildren now has a lesbian , adultress and all kinds of "hall passes" paleeeeeeeeeeeze can't they show, lucy and beaver and andy of mayberry and those of that choose to watch normal clean shows a little respect here. ack! sorry for the vent i got on a roll .time for a coffee refill
peachyplane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-04-2008), Darlene (04-05-2008), froglady (04-04-2008), Jomar (04-04-2008)
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
why does everyone refer to him as a "man".... he is a transexual.

He is a genetic female!

I would worry with all that testosterone would be doing to a fetus?
Masculinized female children have very unhappy confused lives.

This transexual must still have her/his ovaries as well as a uterus? How else would this transexual have enough progesterone to support a pregnancy? Are artificial hormones being given to support it? This person had periods too? As a transexual? Must have!

Totally confusing and MAJORLY confusing to the general public which typically does not understand reproduction physiology!
Because he is a man. Legally.

He stopped the testosterone in order to become pregnant. His hormone levels returned to normal. He had a tubal pregnancy previously so I think he lost at least one fallopian tube.
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:06 PM #7
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked Let me see if I understand this....

A genetic female who keeps her sexual organs during a partial transexual
change.... can be made into a LEGAL male and hence get MARRIED?
And that person is still biologically a female but somehow a legal process
makes her now a man? Why did she keep her uterus and ovaries if she wanted to be a "man"?

But gays cannot get married?

It seems to me that the latter should be legal too!

This couple is two biological females married to each other?

What a messed up world we live in. If society can accept the first scenario, it should accept the second IMO.

I have some experience with transexuals. The the most recent one was a male to female who kept "her" penis, but looked and acted just like a female.
Her insurance policy was in a man's name not a woman's.

Did this transexual just change her name? Anyone can legally change a name. but I didn't know one could legally change one's gender. To go to that extreme and keep your "other organs" seems hypocritical to me.
I'm going to look this up... I am just amazed and stunned by it all.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM #8
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Some think it's a hoax. Read that in Yahoo news. Maybe. Legally a man, this is all new (this "legal" stuff) to me. The doctor that helped her become a man , have they stepped forward? Is there an obstretian? (sp?). Is this person taking the right vitamins to prevent things. Will there be Amnio? Will he/she get stretch marks? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:17 PM #9
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Gotta agree w/mrsd.... Born a woman, got a womb, your'e a woman. The show left a very bad taste in my mouth. They are flat broke and are writing a book, doing interviews for $$$$$.

Oh, and I happen to know a lady who can grow just as good facial hair as HER and she doesn't take drugs to do it. *grin*

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think Dennis and I sat through the entire hour with our jaws on the floor! lol Boy, if I become a mother I just can't wait for the day I have to explain to my child how it's possible that one of her classmates has a pregnant father! Man, maybe I'll just stick to my pets! LOL

Rob Thomas, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful man!

JessieSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (04-06-2008)