Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 09:46 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My return to church after surgery/rehab

Well, first of all thanks to all of you who prayed for my recovery and for my family during my spinal surgery.

today was our first Sunday back to church since the surgery. For those of you who don't know I am a newly ordained pastor of families and counseling at a brand new Christian church. The church is only 7 weeks old and our membership is already about 110.

Today was incredible. When I parked the van and got out with my fore-arm crutches I got a round of applause from those who were outside. This was the first time they had seen me walk. Once inside and the service started our senior pastor was doing the announcements and ended them by asking me to do something most have never seen me do. Although the church is new, I have about 20 friends who I have known for years. So, Senior pastor asked me to walk to the pulpit to tell the congregation about my surgery and recovery. I walked up to the pulpit and the room erupted with applause. Once I was at the pulpit Senior Pastor (SP) told everyone what I had been through (although most knew what had been going on) and then asked me to share a little. I told them of my miracle and it was amazing. SP then asked if anyone wanted to come up to the pulpit and pray with me for my continued recovery they were welcome. EVERY PERSON IN THE SANCTUARY CAME TO THE PULPIT AND PRAYED WITH MY WIFE AND I. I believe that in my life this is on my list of top ten emotional and wonderful days in my life. I am thankful for God and my congregation, my friends and families and you all here. I am blessed. Thanks for all you have done as my online family.

I am sorry I have not checked in lately, getting back to the swing of things is very exhausting. I will try to be more attentive to my friends here.

God Bless you all.
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-06-2008), Darlene (04-07-2008)

advertisement
Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 PM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Applauding too!!!

That's absolutely Wonderful, Earl!

So glad you are able to walk. What a special day for you to share with your new congregation. So very happy for you!!!

Yes, we have missed you around here. Glad you are back.

Oh, I just noticed you are no longer a "Future" Pastor. Congratulations to you, Earl!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 AM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I got nothing but tears for you Sir Earl. God is good!

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote