Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Possible Fake Patients

I just want to make people aware that some people on these forums make be "plants or fake patients". I used to work for one of the large MISS surgery centers and they regularly had people posing as prior patients of either their facility (extremely satisifed patients) or from a competitors facility (very unsatisified patients). It has really gotten significant during the past several months since the recession. i don't want to anger the moderators and thus I will not say for whom I worked. All I can say is please be cautious about who you take advice from. We were even financially encouraging prior patients to "advertise" on these sites. I just doesn't seem right and now that I am no longer working for that place I wanted to clear my conscience and make people aware.
nicoleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 AM #2
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

thanks for your input.

I do just want to mention that we moderate this community very carefully to prevent people from "advertising" (even those who try to do so in a stealth way )and so we are usually quick to spot anything like you suggest. We are sometimes accused of "over-moderation", but would rather have it that way and err on the side of caution

Most of our members are longtime ones who have known one another (online and often offline too ) for many years

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (04-24-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (04-24-2008)