The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Describe your Computer Area

I was just sitting here thinking about all the people we talk to in this community. I have my world around me, just as you do. I'm curious what your world looks like around you when you chat....me first:

I have a big home, the one I always wanted. I have 4 main floors. Its an odd design. Off the master bedroom, is a 'secrete' room. It was unfinished when we bought it, and is seperate from all the air ducts in the home. I turned it into my smoking room. I put in the computer, a TV, lazy boys. Basically, its a hidden living room.

The rest of the house sits emtpy now that the kids are gone ( I have step-sons too). I have a heater at my feet to stay warm, as my DH has a fan in the window blowing cold air on him. This is typical. America's funnist home videos is on (LMBO!) and my rented movie starts in 40 minutes. Sometimes I have the blues playing in the background, My favorite music. DH is shoveling around the hot tub now so we can soak before the movie. (Here I go...)

Meanwhile, I read what you all say, laugh *as always*....and enjoy time with you in-between all thats going on live around me....

Would love to read about your world while you post

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-26-2008), Girlie Girl (04-26-2008), Koala77 (04-25-2008), SallyC (04-26-2008)

advertisement
Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 PM #2
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My bedroom is my computer room.

I have a computer armoire that is home to my desktop computer. It's totally cluttered with junk, a computer and monitor, and a ton of crochet and knit related accessories.

My laptop lives on my sewing desk (the sewing machine is in the closet in my dad's office) and is almost always right next to my bed, so that I can read and wander the internet while sitting or laying in my bed.

My other (older) laptop lives in the family room on the Amish cedar chest that's next to my Lazyboy chair.

I have to get away from my computers now, my brain is melting down from a migraine.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (04-25-2008)
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 PM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well I live in a 2 story home which we had built when our 31 year old was 1. So there is a lot of history in this house. I converted the larger of the kids bedrooms into a multipurpose room. It's my library, gradughters play room and computer room. I got an idea from HGTV to convert the closet into a sewing room. I painted it a contrasting color, put curtains around the frame and put my sewing table, machine and storage drawers in it. One of the toys I bought my grandaughter was a dolls playpen to match her sisters playpen. It is now the cats bed. I have a baby pillow and blanket in it and when I come in here the cat follows and gets in her bed at my side. Sorry about my music. I usually only get on the computer at bedtime, start the session out with quite music and end it by playing spider solitaire and then go to sleep. There is no organization at all. Well that's a half fib. There is organizational supplies under the mess. So that's my desk and room.

Oh another idea I got off HGTV. I have always wanted a window seat. So I took my old cedar chest. My Dad made it in high school! I put a protective barrier on top and then took a piece of MDF the size of the cedar chest and put padding and covered it. I put it right in front of the window here in my computer room, flanked it with bookcases and put one of the body pillows leaning up against the window. Then I put some small pillows leaning up against the sides of the bookcases and I have my window seat!

I also have a very old dresser that my Dad refinished in the room and I have it covered in pictures cause that's the way my parents had the cedar chest in their home.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (04-25-2008)
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Our office space is surrounded by Jeff Gordon everything including a lifesize standup in the corner. DH has so many cars and stuff you would not believe it but it fills the room.

Everything in here is Jeff Gordon; even the mousepad and cushions on chair. DH retired from duPont so got some free but most he bought and now he has a shrine in here.

He has been collecting since Jeff first drove the duPont car.

We went to the Jeff Gordon museum and were dissappointed as he has more than they did! Would you believe he has Jeff Gordons thumbprint in gold??

I keep telling him when he "goes" all this Jeff stuff is going on e-bay!

I would love to have an office that LOOKS like an office not pit road!

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-26-2008)
Old 04-26-2008, 12:40 AM #5
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

we are in a ranch style house my systems of communicating with everyone on here are as follows my lap in my bedroom dark when my chucky the headache persist with sunglasses on lol no i am not an addict

the desk top in front room nice big window to see out

or my phone but that takes longer but yet i still insist i am not addicted to this site, wow that lightening almost hit me

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-26-2008)
Old 04-26-2008, 05:47 AM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Good thread, at least in my eyes. I'm always trying to picture people as they're posting...pretty tricky when I mostly don't know what people look like.

My computer and desk are in the living room, which is actually more or less one big space with the kitchen and dining area. Once in a while I think about moving it somewhere more quiet, but I like that my husband and I are in the same space, even if he's watching TV. I can always put my headphones on.

I am right by the window, so I can always see what's going on. Just a minute ago a beaver went truckin' down the river. Or "up" the river, as the case may be. I live where the river flows north!

Here is a shot I took a few days ago, accented by the silhouette of my cat Cindy. (No, she wasn't named for anybody here. She's been Cinnamon Cindy since she was a kitten.)

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)

Last edited by Blessings2You; 01-21-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:50 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Great thread Jeannie ! My main computer area is on my covered patio by the pool, in a rental house that I may have to leave soon for financial reasons.

I mainly use my pda for posting, but right now I can actually use the desktop because my kids are sleeping, LOL.

Usually, I'm sitting on the patio with my pda with Millie (the cat in my avatar) and Daisy (my crazy cat) sitting in chairs on either side of me ! They just love their "momma" ! I'm almost always drinking (decaf) coffee, be it iced, hot, luke warm, black or with cream and smoking . I WILL be quitting as soon as things calm down just a bit in my life. I quit for 3 years and I'll do it again, except this time it will be forever.

I love to be outside, that's part of the reason I love Florida weather so much .

If I'm in the house, like now, I'm sitting at the desktop in the dining room (listening to the tv while my dh lays on the couch in the living room) with a huge mess all over the desk from my messy boys! Their wallets, a bag of candy, two headsets, a fan, a black sock??? (my 17 year old leaves his socks everywhere!) and various other pieces of useless stuff .

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

GJ, I am usually on my computer at work, which is a throwback to the 1960s. I never have time to post at night or on the weekends. My 11yo takes over the computer and my spare time.

But, right now he is still sleeping so I am in my livingroom. I just bought this 1926 bungalow house with wrap around porch. LOVE IT!!! Not just for the house itself but for what it represents, me being free and independent!

My computer is in the livingroom set on an antique table. My nephew's pic is staring at me...he is just so darned cute! I have the TV on in the other half of the room with the news happening. The sun is shining through my magnolia tree into the room and the dog is laying at the door. That is about it for my world. I love this thread!

Live, Laugh, Love
Girlie Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:06 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellelee2000 View Post
Their wallets, a bag of candy, two headsets, a fan, a black sock??? (my 17 year old leaves his socks everywhere!) and various other pieces of useless stuff .

Joelle, my son does the same thing!!!! I am always finding socks everywhere! Especially when I wash his sheets, there are at least 2 pair in there! Too funny!

Live, Laugh, Love
Girlie Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:37 AM #10
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

My computer is in what I guess could be called the sunroom. It's a room off the living room that's got windows all across the back. I had my "office" in here (it's where I used to work when I had a job!!) so I still have the desk, credenza and filing cabinet. At least they all match but they are much too big for just a "computer area". I'm thinking I might put them on Craigs List or EBay and sell them.

I have a bird feeder and can watch out over the back yard and see all the wildlife that comes to visit. We have a slew of different birds and two bunnies that come every day - they are so cute and I've started putting little raw carrots under the birdfeeder for them.

My cats each have a "perch" (just one of those carpet covered contraptions) in the windows and they love to watch the birds and nap in the sun. Such lazy bums!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote