The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 03:28 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Come on up on the porch...

Well jest howdo today!! Well, I tell you what, it sho nuff has been a beautiful day!! The sun's shining his smile and the wind giving the trees music to dance by... can't beat a day like today!!

Unless you consider when I wuz knee hi to crawdaddy's and loved to play in any type of mud hole. Yep, those sho were the days back then. People don't let their lil ones play in mud puddles anymore...too many chemicals, germs, bacteria and such. Huh, wonder where they all were back when...

I remember once I was staying with my grandparents, they lived so far out in the woods they pumped in sunshine so you'd know it wuz mornin! They had this lil ole stream that ran not too far behind the house. It would take about 15 min walking to get there, but man the walk was so quiet. I didn't think much about it back then, but I can still see all those trees and when I put my bare foot down on that pine straw, it was like walking on soft cloth.

Ifn ya got tired you jest stopped and piled up a lil pine straw and lay there, listening...after you listened for a few minutes you realized...there was music all around. The different birds singing, insects calling and the slight rustling sound of tree branches talking to each other. I can't go back and be that kid again, but I can be thankful for those good times spent there.

Nope, sho nuff can't go back, but those moments in life are worth remembering...it makes you who you are. Those small things you took for granted as a child, molds you as an adult...gives you strength when you need it most. Those things let you know that faith is important, because you best have faith in something or you ain't gonna make it in this life, especially with a chronic illness.

Faith gives ya something to believe in and hold on to, like hope, love, respect and those other lil important things...humor, dignity...well, can't say I got a lot of that dignity left with some of those accidents where they ain't supposed to be none. lol

Folks just get upset over the lillest of things these days...oh yeah, I know ya did a dirty in ya pants...however...at least ya had pants on, and ya weren't neked in the WalMart!! Be thankful, and who cares who wuz there...ya probably ain't gonna see em again anyway. Ifn ya do...what makes you think they care...they probably got their own worries, problem child and financial difficulties that they care less bout your pants.

We jest worry too much bout what other people gonna think...why do we care so much, why do we feel the need to have strangers think less of us?
I can't answer that one fer ya, gotta do it yoself. But I tell ya...ifn people can't see past yer outside...something ain't right wid them or you one...so who cares ifn ya did wettie or doodie in yer pants. Its not like you don't take of it when it happens...now that would be cause for concern. lol

Yep, things we did as children give what we need as adults...we just need to remember...but then, I can't remember when the bills are due!! So how am I supposed to remember those child building character moments!?

Well, there's ole Mr. Bullins...pore ole soul...talk about having worries...I jest can't believe his wife left him for that no good BB Shortsen. She best have a good job, cause he ain't worked a lick since his momma had him, his pappy rest his soul couldn't slap sense in him ifn he tried. Well, it ain't nice to gossip bout the neighbors...but then I ain't really gossipin...its the plain truth of things...it sho nuff be!

Lord have mercy...almost aburnin my bakin sittin here prattlin so...good great Fannie's underwear...don't want to waste more flour than I have a mind.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-30-2008), Victor H (05-01-2008)

advertisement
Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 PM #2
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

howdy momma, i could feel those pine needles on my bare feet too, we used to walk to the lake to swim in during the summer, and we had to go through this one section of pine trees, ya described it well, hope the day treats you well momma

peace

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 AM #3
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Good morning, Momma. Thank you once again for the wonderful insight.

I was a wild one as a kid. exploring every mud hole and the woods near my home. I was the one who came home with strange things in the pockets, like salamanders. LOL, I was a tomboy to the core.

Dx'd MS 2007, Fibro 2009
FinLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote