Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 10:12 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile SOglad to find you guys....Inguinal nerve help ?

Hello, I'm a newbie........nice to meet you all.

I have a long list of health issues, but in Oct. 2006 I took a bad fall down the stairs (first time I did not hold on). I was bunged up, but did not feel anything was DAMAGED at the time. I have fibromyalgia, Lupus and long list of very painful ailments so I did not think much of it at the time.

About 6 months late, I began a nightmare of decline in my health. My groin started hurting. Hip was excruiating, back hurt some, inguinal nerve pain down leg was debilitating. I have had a very hard time getting diagnosed with what we now believe to be a bad injury to the Inguinal nerve.

Thought we were dealing with SI all the time and DOC did not seem to take groin pain very seriously at the time. Did a hip x-ray, it was fine, did pelvic x-ray, it was fine........then after much, much study and connecting the dots, I remembered the fall and have pertty much become DESPAIRING
with this inguinal nerve thing. Doing MRI this week.........I'm 20 months down the road from injury.

Pain meds do not help..........it's better on some days than others, but is still mostly debilitating. I water walk which has helped sometimes/hurt other times.

Please share with me any and all inguinal nerve involvement you have experienced and what help you might have received.

I've read about STERIOD INJECTIONS right into the nerve that totally healed it. Anyone had this.

I've also had Facet Joint and understand Inguinal damage can come from L- 1-2

This is only a brief of what I've gone through and am going through with this nightmare as you all know. (The Doc did not do new MRI because the SI JOINT injury was sooo plain to see on x-ray.....and we thought that's where my problem stemed from....NOT...I don't think so, though I know you can have inguinal nerve involvement from the SI)
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, I'm in great depression and debilitation and appreciate all your input.
Izzie60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement