Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prayer request for The Long War's Warriors

When wars and the making of wars becomes an alter; to the forbearance of faith, worship, and even the elimination of the solemn day of our Lord, then the aims and goals and calling of the warrior in Life’s defense becomes questionable.

The government that demands more than its soldiers can bear – expecting its soldiers to perform miracles; yet, does not give those soldiers the time to worship the Lord, deserves only that which those soldiers can give, minus the grace, mercy, and providence which only the Lord can provide. The government that depends solely on its technology and superiority in arms is incapable of capturing the true spirit of a warrior wedded to peace; yet must wage war in order to secure it. Without addressing the emotional balance and care of our service personnel - balance in arms, such as that which will not produce such atrocities as have been committed in Vietnam and the wars we are currently involved will continue, proportionate to the measure with which we neglect the care of those service personnel.

The time to address such needs has already passed. The urgency to counterbalance such forces is greater than that which is being expended towards the next fanciest weapons systems and/or technologies. Without balance, whatever gains we reap in material and technical terms will be negated by our next folly on the emotional front – which threat of prosecution will hold little sway.

Though case studies can be determined to evaluate, scientifically, the effects of the long war we find ourselves in; the urgency of the next suicide on the horizon; or, the next case of PTSD developing, calls for more urgent measures. The current statistics for PTSD and suicide in the services stand alone as evidence. What is needed is for each command to take up the mantel of responsibility for caring for its soldiers well being and emotional balance as they are trained for war. Warriors, yes – we’re going to need all those that can be recruited; but not at the expense of the very life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness that they have been sworn to protect. When our warriors have - through over-training and over exposure to war - become so far removed from these very liberties they have been sworn to protect – they will be less apt to fight for their existence, lost in the fog of war.
This is a tragedy; yet, not as tragic as the little call it has received – and the very purpose for the posting of this message on a Sunday, from a warrior - in the long war.

Please, pray for our service members and pray for me - that I may continue
to keep the faith, and in doing so, may be witness to the Lord Jesus Christ in their time of need - when all else that the world purports for peace, fails to give "the peace that surpasses understanding."
John 16:33 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer;I have overcome the world.”

Last edited by Lasgo; 05-18-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: emphasis change
Lasgo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (05-18-2008), Darlene (05-19-2008), Kitty (05-19-2008)

advertisement