The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 06:45 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I should have stayed in bed (vent)

I need to vent and I don't really even know where to start....

I have been feeling punky for quite some time now but after what happened yesterday, I just want to go crawl in a hole.

If I go into specifics you would all fall asleep before you finish reading this so this is the short story.

I got into a huge fight with my oldest son! It carried over to my middle son who is now very angry with me. After hanging up from my oldest boy, I said a few choice things about him. (guess what? I forgot to hang up the phone and oldest ds heard everything I said) It was all true but I would have never said it in front of him. Anway, he called back and told me he would never speak to me again!

After all that my nerves were shot and I needed to iron a few things (Yes, I still iron alot!!)

One of the things I wanted to press was my middle son's graduation gown. (he graduates this sunday)

I thought the iron was on cool and when I put it to the gown, I put a huge burn in it.

OMG!!!!!! I just started balling. I am so stressed and that was just the icing on the cake.

I am going over to the school this morning and pray that they ordered a few extra so I can buy him a new one.

I don't think I have ever been so down in my life. The last day or two every time I open my mouth, I start to cry!!!

My kids are mad at me DH is mad at me and I don't really like myself too much right now either.

Wish me luck on the graduation gown!! I really hope I can get him a new one.

I think I will go back to bed and cover my head

I just want it all to go away

Roadtrip Wannabe
Bannet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OMG, girlfriend! All of us have that as a worst nightmare! Someone hearing what we really think about them!! But.....in some cases this may be just what it takes to wake up our loved one.

And the gown?? I have a big red rose iron applique! Would that work? Just kidding! What color is the gown...maybe one of us can find it at our local school if yours doesn't have it. And what size? And when is graduation?

Call me! I just sent you an email before I read this so ignore that!! I really don't need money but I do want you to go on a day trip with me real soon.

Luv U
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008), Curious (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 AM #3
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Beth

I'm so sorry you're feeling so down......we all say things from time to time that we really don't mean - and that we don't mean for others to hear. Your boys know that you love them. And they love you. Let them be mad - they'll come around. It's hard - I know - 'cause I can't stand to think that someone is unhappy with me or something I said or did.

Sometimes an apology (whether we believe we are wrong or not) is all it takes to get a conversation flowing and things worked out. When it's all said and done it's not who is right or who is wrong - it's the fact that we can talk and work things out between each other.

Good luck to you, Beth, and I hope your boys will meet you half way so you can feel better again!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 AM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

AWWWW Bethie! I am so sorry for the tough time you've been having lately. You bet, I will cross my fingers that the school can help ya.

I remember when my DD graduated in 95. Her gown came in the wrong size and it barely went to her knees and she's only 5'2". I called the school right away and they had an extra one. Only the extra one was made for a muchTALLER person. I got out my handy duct tape and ironed a crease along the bottom and taped the hem up. No one was the wiser.

I'm keeping YOU in my prayers, Bethie~ Things need to turn around for you soon and I am sorry about your prob's w/your DS. The bottom line is~ you love each other and that will prevail. take care of yourself..

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 08:08 AM #5
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about all that happened. I've had days when all I wanted to do was crawl under a rock, so understand how your feeling.

Hope the school has an extra gown.

Dx'd MS 2007, Fibro 2009
FinLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 AM #6
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Aw (((Beth))). It is so hard on us when we hurt our kids. Although we don't mean to it happens. You know your son better than anyone else and know deep in your heart how to rectify the situation. I will keep you in my prayers and pray for a peaceful resolution.

I hope they have an extra gown at the school. I can relate, and I'm sure others can, to being so frazzled that we make these kinds of mistakes.

Hang in there! We are all here for you.

BTW- I think I left a blanket and pillow under that rock the last time I was there. Feel free to use them. It's comfy there for a short while but you can't stay there as someone else will need to get under there and there is only room for 1.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008), FinLady (05-19-2008), Twinkletoes (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Update on graduation gown......

After being the laughing stock of the high school office I was issued a new gown on Loan. All I had to do was give my iron to them for collateral LOL

Carol, the secretary, gave me hug and took pity on me. I told her, "I can't believe I am the only one who ever ironed a hole in a graduation gown! She looked back at me, smiled with her cute little dimples and said....."I've been here 15 years.

Oh Gosh what a ding bat I am

Any way one problem put to bed. The other two only time will heal.

Thanks for listening You guys, as always are great.

Roadtrip Wannabe
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (05-19-2008), DM (05-19-2008), ewizabeth (05-19-2008), FinLady (05-19-2008), SallyC (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I talked with Beth and she should be on the way to the school picking up the extra gown they had right now.

She is a sweetheart and having a rough time all the way around right now. Too bad our families don't see that sometimes and give us some slack.

***oops, see she has been there and back.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yep Sassy was my lifesaver today! I called her and cried on her shoulder and after talking to her,my bestest buddy, I started feeling a little better.

I know Life can throw you curve balls but I hate it when it throws 5 curve balls at once.

Time always heals and I know that, but at the moment I feel overwhelmed and ganged up on.

I should have went with AMN!!!! If I did none of this would have happened!!

OK!!! Which one of you little stinkers put a curse on me

Roadtrip Wannabe
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (05-19-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 10:04 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OH Bannet, I'm so sorry
The absolute worst time with my DD was right around her graduation and the year preceeding it. It was so bad finally, I rented her an apartment and moved her in to it. I was so distraught for so long...just sick inside. She swore she would never speak to me again too. I spent a Christmas without her and my soul was dying. 4 months into the deal, she folded. She came home and I've been the best things since buttered bread since (2 years now), and somehow, overnight I became smart

I think its some kind of right of passage....the love is still there...it will heal in time. In the meantime....I understand

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-19-2008), Twinkletoes (05-19-2008)