The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default just checking in (long)

After dropping in the Midwest GTG thread there appears to be a bit of interest in how I'm doing. If that's the case then why is my PM box so empty? Hmm? How often have I PMed someone I haven't seen lately? Umm, never mind. So here is a brief (ha!) update...

I'm still alive and kicking. Oh. Right. I'm here, so that is kind of obvious.

I've been gluten free for over a year now and am very pleased with the improvements to my health and life. An irritable bowel tended to make the rest of me cranky and that ripple effect was never good. Now that I have my health back I can enjoy life with my family.

Since getting a healthy life I have taught a knitting class and learned to crochet. More craft teaching opportunities seem to be finding me and that is exciting too.

Homeschooling DD will be over for the year a week from now. I'm not sure who is happier about that me or her. DS goes to a brick and mortar school that ends a week later. I will not miss the pick- him- up- at- the- end- of- the- day drive! (note to self. buy more ibuprofen before both kids are under foot all day, every day.)

My living room and dining room have been taken over by stuff for a yard sale later this month. Hope we get rid of most of it. Pack rats should not marry each other. Constantly tripping over stuff is not fun.

Speaking of marriage, DH and I marked 20 years of it earlier this month. Hopefully all the it- won't- last- bets have been taken care of.

I decided it was about time I hung up a picture. Like my avatar? For now I just unpacked this one from my former house. I'll hang up a new one later. My new home should really have a new picture.

Since I'm on the subject... I demand pictures from anyone who goes on vacation, gathers with board buddies, or lives/works somewhere scenic. I lurk around here everyday day and live vicariously through your posts and pics. Whuh? I have to post some pics to? Fair enough. I really need to learn how to use the digital camera and post pics anyway.

Okay. Enough rambling...

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (05-22-2008), ewizabeth (05-22-2008), FinLady (05-23-2008), Foggy Brain (05-22-2008), Koala77 (05-22-2008), Riverwild (05-23-2008), SallyC (05-23-2008), soxmom (05-23-2008), Taffy (05-23-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (05-23-2008), Twinkletoes (05-22-2008)

advertisement
Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM #2
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Geez. Weave, life sure has gone on for you and that's great! So you're in the new house and everything. Has it really been a whole year since you made the discovery about gluten? I can't believe it.

My life is its usual boring self with the occasional jag of excitement— the midwest GTG is the latest installment of fun. It was really fun, too. I still have MS and it still bites the big one.

Oh, B2 knows song lyrics and DM is still a dingbat.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My dream weaveherr!! I sho have been a bad Momma not keeping up with what is what with ya!! I am glad you are doing better with those glutens...I have a neighbor that can't eat anything with gluten...

Teaching a knitting class...bet that keeps ya busy and having fun. Sho nuff have to agree though, MS like a radio station just keeps on with the hits! lol

I think I'm gonna have to check in more to keep up...

you take care now...and remember my motto...

Pull a prank and run!!
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (05-22-2008)
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM #4
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Nice to see you Weave! DH and I can also be packrats, but him more than me. I do a bi-annual purge of clothing to Salvation Army or church collection.

I recall the days of picking up the youngun's at the school. It's been over a decade for me (ancient Wiz).

Anyway, I hope to see you around once in awhile!

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 AM #5
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

So nice to see you back again. What's a missing PM or two! Gluten Free for a year already, wow! Seems like only yesterday that you were discussing that and now it seems to be working so well, happy it's working for you!

Love the avatar! Keep changing it, I do. Keeps us guessing! Like my new one? Dug this one out of the old Navy locker.

I crochet but never learned how to knit. I used to cross stitch a lot but haven't done any of that in a while, got bored with it. Or burned out, not sure which.

Glad that you checked in with us, don't stay away so long next time. Maybe you can be the surprise call in guest at the next GTG - that will be in June unless someone beats Shelley and I to it!! LOL!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:00 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

AMN- Life has a way off moving on whether you are looking or not. It really tore me up to read a while back that the monster seemed to pick up its pace with you. I wanted to scream "it's not fair" but a voice from above reminded me that life isn't always fair. I totally agree, MS bites, among other things.

Momma- The knitting class was a ten week gig for DD's homeschool group. That means my payment was sending six more knitters out into the world when the last class was done. It was fun and I have signed up to teach a crochet class there next year. A paying job is in the works for the winter. Woohoo!!!

Wiz- Four pack rats live here so it is pretty bad right now. Kid clothes gets purged twice a year, but other stuff just lingers for years. That needs to change.

FG- Of course I like your Navy avatar. My dad was in the Navy. Yes, hard to believe all my neurological problems seemed to be caused by gluten. Never dreamed that could possibly be the culprit. What a road to answers that was. Met the friendliest bunch of people along the way though. I'll never forget the outpouring of warmth when I first joined a former place. A month later I was putting screen names with live faces and it was great.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (05-23-2008)