Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 02:09 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MRI Results, need help to understand them

Findings:
The Alignment is Slightly Abnormal Now with a grade1 Retrolisthesis at C4-5. This is a new finding. Dorsal annular fissure and hypertense on this clearly demonstrated within the C3-4 disc which is a new finding as well and potentialy could be a source of discogenic pain. Minimal dorsal hypertense zones are seen within C4-5 through C6-7 levels as well. Disc space narrowing is found at C6-7 definitely and also to some degree C5-6. There are no discrete vertebral or cord lesions otherwise though there are some degenerative endplate changes which are now new at C5-6 and C6-7 all indicative of progressive degenrative disc disease.

At C3-4, there is a posterior central Protruding disc herniation which again abuts the cord. The cord is not significantly deformed but slightly flattened as seen before as well. The mid canal sagittal diameter is about 9 mm with very mild spinal stenosis change.

At C4-5, posterior central disc herniation again indents the cord slightly. Spinal stenosis changes with the mid canal sagittal diameter of 7-8 mm again is demonstrated and this is a stable finding.

C5-6 again shows bilateral uncovertebral joint spurring with some degerative bulging causing cord flattening. The mid canal sagital diameter at this level is about 10 mm with borderline to mild stenosis present.

C6-7 there are new findings. Prominent left sided spurring from the uncovertebral joint now causes compression of the left C7 root which is a new finging. There is probably some mild cord compression as well and the mid canal sagittal diameter is about 11 mm though without overt mid canal sagittal stenosis.

Impression:
Overall, Progressive disc disease changes are found with persistent stenosis, a fairly mild degree at C3-4, C4-5, and C5-6. however, there is markedly progresive left bony forminal stenosis at C6-7.

I have been having a lot of neck, arm, and leg pains.
Both arms and both legs are so weak, they feel as if I have been running for miles. all of the classic syptoms in both arms, muscle cramping, burning, numbness, and the elbow pain, and tingling.Severe crams between shoulder blads all of the time. and headachs..
I have been Ignoring my Neck four a few years, the last MRI on it was in 2003. I just got finishes doing ESI shots and no help.

Thank you so much in advance.
Linda100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-24-2008, 01:56 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Linda, owwww! I'm sorry that you're feeling pain, that's for sure - and that the ESIs haven't provided relief. (For some, the shots help; and, for others, just not the tool that helps.)

I don't know what everything in your report means - also a patient here.

I can tell you what this means: "spurring." It's osteophytes, a.k.a., bone spurs, which are arthritis-related.

You might be able to find out what more of the terms mean by checking out some of the sites listed here:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1325-4.html

Googling terms could also prove helpful.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote