15 yr Member
Default re: Rush

This from his website

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

advertisement
Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default lets not let this become a political football.....

hey guys, my political beliefs are just to the right of Atilla the Hun's!! I am also a supporter of embryonic stem cell research.
It makes no difference if you are a Dem or a Repub. The potential benefits await you! We have to depoliticize this issue... It is to everyones benefit to support it.
You Dems out there, you can have your 3 minutes in the "sunshine" and then be yesterday's news, or you can cut the vitrolic crap and take the high road and use this opportunity to educate the masses about PD. The clock is ticking.....
remember, Rush eats up your attacks with a spoon, its great business for him.....
Charlie

Last edited by chasmo; 10-25-2006 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:18 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Charlie..For me this is about Rush and not about political parties..If Al Franken did what Rush did I would be just as critical and just as angry..This thing has taken on a life of its own, and I believe that when all the chips fall we, the pd community, will be the beneficiaries..The public knows more about pd today than they did yesterday, and the truth will prevail as a result of this..Its real hard not to get vitrol, resentful, and critical when pd is changing everything in your life beyond your control, and you try your best to go with the flow, and something like this surfaces and tries to maliciously and intentionally add to your woes..I have no mercy or respect for people like Rush who would make the burdens of others heavier than they already are for his own financial and personal gain
Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve

Let the rushs in the bushs rant and rave all they want as they are a fading entity. Just blowimg im the wind

Use them but don't abuse them.

They can not stop the coming of either the treatment or the cure. Life goes on and we will progress.

Remember if they stress you then you have given them a weapon.

Stem cell research centre attracts leading scientist back to Canada
Last Updated: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 | 2:10 PM ET
CBC News
Dr. Gordon Keller, one of the world's leading stem cell scientists is coming back to Canada to head up a new research centre in Toronto.
Keller will be the director of the McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine at the University Health Network, which was launched on Wednesday.
Keller left his native Saskatchewan 16 years ago to work in the U.S. Earlier this year, New York magazine called the embryonic stem cell researcher one of the top six medical minds the city didn't want to lose.
Stem cells are immature cells that do not yet have a specialized function and are able to form cells of any tissue in the body.
As for why he's coming back, Keller cited the opportunity to work with leading stem cell researchers with a broad range of expertise in areas including biology, cancer research and organ repair.
"One of the unique features, I think, is the existing strength of both stem cell biology and regenerative medicine in Toronto in a very defined area," Keller said. "A lot of the institutes are close to each other … with each of them housing really superb scientists."
Dr. Gordon Keller, one of the world's leading stem cell scientists is coming back to Canada to head up a new research centre in Toronto.
Keller will be the director of the McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine at the University Health Network, which was launched on Wednesday.
Keller left his native Saskatchewan 16 years ago to work in the U.S. Earlier this year, New York magazine called the embryonic stem cell researcher one of the top six medical minds the city didn't want to lose.
Stem cells are immature cells that do not yet have a specialized function and are able to form cells of any tissue in the body.
As for why he's coming back, Keller cited the opportunity to work with leading stem cell researchers with a broad range of expertise in areas including biology, cancer research and organ repair.
"One of the unique features, I think, is the existing strength of both stem cell biology and regenerative medicine in Toronto in a very defined area," Keller said. "A lot of the institutes are close to each other … with each of them housing really superb scientists."
Keller's lab has shown how to turn stem cells into many kinds of specialized cells, the starting point for trying to cure diseases, said Dr. Christopher Paige, vice-president of research at the University Health Network.
"There is hope in a very, very broad set of diseases," Paige told CBC Newsworld.
"The diseases of the brain, the diseases of the heart, even the diseases of hip and knees, because if stem cells can be turned into the kinds of cells that make the cartilage, that would reduce the need for hip and knee replacement."
The research already has one clinical application: bone marrow transplants for cancer patients. High doses of chemotherapy kill cancer cells but blood cells also die off. By giving patients an infusion of adult stem cells, the blood-forming cells can be saved, Paige said.
The centre was given $10 million in startup funding by Rob and Cheryl McEwen. The centre's initial staff of 15 researchers hope their work will advance the treatment of disease.
To launch the centre, 10 internationally renowned scientists gave a symposium highlighting their research. Singer and Live 8 concert organizer Bob Geldof also attended the opening.
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:15 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default He is not worth it

The man is just not worth any reaction. He talks about exploitation, but the latest technique of unscrupulous people seems to be to attack people who are vulnerable. I must admit that his informative statements that Michael J. Fox became a citizen in 2000 and is from Canada!!! are so transparent. In other words, Michael is suspect? An immigrant? Canada? Are we supposed to be scared by that? Give me a break.

I would like to ask him where all that hate comes from. However, I know he will not read a word of what we write here. He does not want to confuse himself with our input. As a member of the temporarily healthy, he does not have a clue nor does he want one.

I just pray we get enough good people - from both parties - to help us in this quest for a cure.

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote