The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 12:02 AM #1
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My daughters dogs

My daughter is just this huge animal lover. She has a boxer/? mix who is just the sweetest thing. Then her sisiter in law is stationed in Afghanistan and had no one to take care of her Jack Russell Terrier so she has it for a year. Now they have a very small yard and we have a nice yard. So she brought them over today for a nice romp in a big yard. Her DH is home for his three week leave from Iraq and he calls me Mom so I imagine they will be over here quite a bit. But those dogs had the best time.

We had a dog, why can't I remember what kind. It looks like a collie but much smaller. He was a lap dog, never could fetch or any of those games. But these dogs would fetch, grab the ball out of each others mouths. They would get so tired and go over and get a drink but have that ball right by them and if the other dog got anywhere close, there goes the drink. Keeping the ball was more important!

Their own dog got tired and wanted in the house, So he goes up to the sliding glass door and there is my cat right inside watching. So Timmy is a boxer, mostly black with a little white on his chest and belly. And our cat Adora is a tuxedo cat with marking quite like his. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the two watching each other with just that peice of glass seperating them.

Sorry if I bored any of you with my imagery of those dogs playing. They were just so cute. But I'm glad they went home with her!!!! We have to go to her house Saturday several times and let them out. My husband will sit on their front step and let them jump all over him. I stand on the walk and they know not to approach me!

Oh, in their house is a stray cat, an 8 foot boa, a king snake and a bearded dragon. They were babysitting a python but the owner got back. They used to have a couple of birds but for some reason they can't keep them alive. They call all these animals my grand kids!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (05-31-2008), MSacorn (05-30-2008), SallyC (05-30-2008)

advertisement
Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I have a Gran-puppie also

Although we have two rescued basset hounds, my son has an adorable black lab puppie, whom I love to visit.

Sammie is such a mush and very much like my son to whom he belongs, always busy & exploring and very happy to smother you with snooters and kisses.

I could never take care of a big quick dog, but I love to watch him run and play with my son.
Risby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 AM #3
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Gosh Doyd~ Here I sit at my patio doors reading your post and could actually feel like I was on the inside w/Timmy and Adora watching all the action outside. Dogs are like lil kids. I have two mini doxies.
Now, about those snakes of your DD's and a Kimona Dragon? Yikes! I'm afraid of inch worms. I remember when Sharon Stone's EX got his toe bit off by a KD at a zoo. The idjit!!!

Your DD does indeed sound like an amazing animal lover. She's got my vote.
(sorry, thought this was Survivor, wrong thread)

Please thank your SIL for me for his service to our country.

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:35 AM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
We had a dog, why can't I remember what kind. It looks like a collie but much smaller.
Doydie, I'm going to take a guess - you had a sheltie. They are so cute and furry

I wasn't bored. I love animals. We have had a Lhasa Apso, White German Shepard, and 2 Americam Eskimos. My son had 2 hamsters.

We currently have a black cat and my DD is taking care of a Tarantula for the summer.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:33 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for sharing this, picturing it made my day! There is nothing better than watching my pup play until she is ready to drop. I have a whole house full of former strays that mean the world to me. FWIW I think animal lovers are pretty special.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 PM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thanks Doydie, that was fun, taking a romp in your yard with the Doggies...

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 PM #7
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you for bringing my memory back, we had a sheltie. We called him Buddie, rather generic name for a dog. He was the runt of the litter. The family put the pups up for sale and they all sold except ours. They waited cause their kids were in love with the pup, plus Buddies parents were still attached! But they went ahead and put the ad in again. That's when we saw it and traveled over to Olney Illinois to meet him. It was love at first sight. He lived about 11 years and we had to put him down due to large tumors in his belly.

Our daughters lizard is a bearded dragon, not the other that was mentioned. I think those grow up to be huge.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote