The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 10:47 PM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Becky21 and BluesGirl

Hey Becky and Tara, are you two OK? I haven't seen you on in awhile and I get worried. Expect a call soon.
Becky21 (06-01-2008)

advertisement
Old 05-31-2008, 11:23 PM #2
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sandy ... I received a regular email from Becky today ... nothing from Tara for a couple weeks (at least tho) ... I saw that she popped in, but that was it ..

GIRLS!!! where ARE you????

RRMS - April 2007

It takes only a single idea,
a single action to move the world!

The Power of One!
Vonn07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Becky21 (06-01-2008), SandyC (05-31-2008)
Old 05-31-2008, 11:50 PM #3
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I just noticed I too got an email from Becky today.
Becky21 (06-01-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 10:59 PM #4
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm doing ok all things considered. It just seems like one bad thing after the other is happening and it's wearing me out.

I have been stressed about Linda's Grandson's kidney transplant, Susan's Mother's uterine cancer and they both are doing just fine now. I've been under tremendous stress with my son for so long and am now feeling a bit better about things since I have been on Lexapro. Problem still there but I am handling it better.

So now, I stress out about my finances and how I am going to pay my medical bills from my surgery until something really important came up. It seems like when really bad life altering things happen, money doesn't matter that much. It's only money.

We just found out a week ago that my Dad who is 81 has COPD. He is on all kinds of medication and oxygen 24/7. I saw him hooked up to oxygen for the first time Monday and I have been a crying baby all week on and off. It was so hard to see him like that. Even though he is 81, he still mowed their lawn and cleaned their pool everyday. He's always been so active and I know he will continue to be as much as he can.

I knew he wasn't feeling very well when he was running errands and picking up groceries for me in March and April when I had my pacemaker surgery. I kept asking him if he was ok and he said he was having a hard time getting over the flu. I told him I was worried about him because he seemed weak. He told me not to worry that I have been through enough and need to concentrate on myself after the personal situation with my son and my health problems. He said he was fine.

I don't think he knew how sick he was but he may have had an idea. He did mention a couple of times while we were talking that he was worried about who would take care of my Mother if anything happened to him. He also told me that my brother was going to be executor of their estate. We talked about a lot of things that we don't usually talk about in front of Mother.

I called my brother after Mother's Day and told him to see if he could find out what was going on with Dad when I noticed that he still seemed weaker. My brother talked to him and found out he had seen a pulmonologist and was put on meds and oxygen immediately.

When I went over there Monday, Dad was dressed and said he felt better now that he could breathe. I asked him questions about his doctor visit but he just told me he was under a doctor's care and would be fine. He didn't want to tell me too much. I told him that if I had known how bad he felt, I would not have asked him to do errands for me. He said he wanted to do them for me and still would if I needed anything.

I just need some time to absorb all of this and pull myself together. I'm just tired and need some strength. I will be fine. I'm just overwhelmed right now.

Love ya,

P.S. Tara is missing because she had a garage sale over the weekend. I know she has to be exhausted from that. I had a last minute mini garage sale last weekend and it was exhausting but I made $37.35. I was excited over that!

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-02-2008), SallyC (06-01-2008), SandyC (06-02-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 AM #5
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

It sounds like you have a full plate right now, Becky. I know how hard it is to watch our parents age and become less able to do things they once did. When my Dad started showing his age it was a huge dose of reality for me to absorb. He was always the one who "did" and then he needed help himself. But....I decided to look at it as a way I could repay him for all the things he had done for me all my life. Sometimes it's hard to make them realize they can't do everything they once did and that they have to accept your help. Once they do, though, things seem to fall into place.

I hope things get better for you. I'm a worrier, too, so when one problem resolves itself I usually find something else to worry about!!

You take care,

Kelly

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Becky21 (06-05-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 AM #6
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh Becky, I know this is tough on you. Call me anytime you need to OK? Just ring once and I will call you back. Hugs!

I wonder how much money Tara made? haha
Becky21 (06-05-2008)